30kg's of horn, ideas?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Small points make grat toggles for coats (like Duffle coats - probably the most famous Belgian invention, other that the Saxaphone and Tintin and of course dufflebags) and possibles pouches.....

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Here's part of a bigger project. Ramshorn spear point with barbs. Really liking the ramshorn now. Much easier to work with than the buffalo.
3e386c34-57eb-1ab2.jpg

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
Ohhhh, now I see where my fabulous GIO horn came from! Just having a searchabout for inspiration and knowledge on what types they are and how to handle it :) I'm feeling a mocotaugan handle from one like the Bushcraft & ss mag featured nov/dec issue as a good way to start knife making, one of resnikovs pieces just fits my hand a treat!

May I ask you guys if theres any particularly good resourses for horn working? I'm not finding too much on here so assume I'm doing something stupidly noobish...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE