Paramo like fabric

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Namar

Tenderfoot
Jun 21, 2016
Europe
Hi all,
I’m looking to make a windproof anorak, basically the paramo fuera would be perfect but unfortunately the sizing is not so good for me, so I’d like to make a diy version of it. (i’m tall and thin, and would like to use it mountain biking/touring too)
would anyone have an idea of what would be the closest kind of fabric to what paramo use ?
i guess supplex isn’t too far, but the fabric i have is not as windproof or waterproof as the fuera is, and the fuera really is the sweet spot for me in terms of breathability/wind/waterproffness/durability, even when never retreated with nikwax it still keeps it’s performances really week.
Other then that i don’t really see what and where to buy, pertex would be nice too but not as tough/waterproof, and nowhere available, the one on ET is too thin.
In uncoated polyester fabric good at rain and wind management, appart from supplex…
Some other ideas by any chance ?

Namar

Tenderfoot
Jun 21, 2016
Europe
Its indeed too short, i could sew longer sleeves ends and same for the hem but im not so sure about the result, and i dont mind making one from scratch.
Although i still have to find a good "athletic" anorak sewing pattern

Reactions: SaraR

SaraR

Mar 25, 2017
Ceredigion
Perhaps you could use an overshirt that fits you well as a base for making your own pattern... Just thinking out loud. :)

Sorry, no idea about what fabric to use to mimic the Fuera.

Namar

Tenderfoot
Jun 21, 2016
Europe
For the pattern indeed, that’s what i have been thinking too, but i still have to find the perfect athletic fitting smock on me for that too. If i have enough time, I’ll try to make my own pattern from adjusting a not so perfect owned smock, but time often comes too short…
And i still need to find the right fabric, otherwise i’ll lengthen my fuera with some softshell

Namar

Tenderfoot
Jun 21, 2016
Europe
Ok thanks, i forgot about this company, i’ll check that out.
although i suspect the fabric used to be a proprietary one, and quite probably impossible to find the exact same fabric, but if someone know something really close, I’d be interested

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE