28 Days Later forum

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
a friend of SWMBO posts quite a bit of stuff on there, some of the "urbex" photo's are pretty amazing. he's also into "extreme laying down", basically getting yourself into silly (urban) places and having a little lay down, very funny TBH. i have never known a person to spend so much time being esorted away from places by the police without ever actually getting arrested!

stuart

nigeltm

Aug 8, 2008
south Wales
SubBrit seems to have died off a bit. The last time I checked (around 6 months ago) It appeared to not have been updated for over a year. That said it's still a fascinating site, especially when you consider that it shows what is in the public domain. Makes you wonder what else is out there :)

Col_M

Jun 17, 2010
London and Devon
I do enjoy going on there but I did get a little fed up of the politics and running of the forum. I was a member, visiting now and again then my account was deleted in a user clear out of people that hadn't been online for a while, not a problem I though but it seemed that a lot of the forums and pictures were registered users only, so I signed up again looked at it a few times but haven't been on there for ages. Then they had it so you had to submit a few reports before being able to post in the main sections. It just seemed a bit elitist and cliquey for what it basically going into abandoned places.
Looking at it now it seems like it's much better and open which is great :)

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I do enjoy going on there but I did get a little fed up of the politics and running of the forum. I was a member, visiting now and again then my account was deleted in a user clear out of people that hadn't been online for a while, not a problem I though but it seemed that a lot of the forums and pictures were registered users only, so I signed up again looked at it a few times but haven't been on there for ages. Then they had it so you had to submit a few reports before being able to post in the main sections. It just seemed a bit elitist and cliquey for what it basically going into abandoned places.
Looking at it now it seems like it's much better and open which is great :)

Yeah I got deleted as well mate, Spamel put me onto the site a few years ago and then I kind of lost interest.

Definitely some "clicky" issues and there seems to be a bit of nastiness sometimes but the pictures are amazing and thought provoking.

lucan

Nomad
Sep 6, 2010
East Yorks
There's some nice eerie looking places on there, No good if you scare easily like me though:lmao:

Years ago myself and a few mates went wandering round an old abandoned Mental Hospital called De La Pole, just outside of Beverley, near Hull, It was hugh, as soon as we started looking round the place, we all had this bad feeling of not being the only one's there. We soon scarpered :lmao:

Once had a mooch around Fort Paul on the Banks of the Humber aswell many many years ago , before it was bought and turned into a Museum,
That was very interesting.

Good link thanks for sharing :)

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I've been browsing that site for about 12 months or so, I wouldn't register but it's certainly somewhere to find some quite interesting information and photographs.

mind you, you can only look at so much peeling paint and broken glass, before it gets a bit "samey".

R.B.

SimonD

Settler
Oct 4, 2010
Lincolnshire
thats a great site. there's a huge old maltings we used to play in as kids with about 30 visits logged. some great photos. i can see the maltings from my house and it makes me want to go exploring :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE