28 Days Later forum

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Years ago myself and a few mates went wandering round an old abandoned Mental Hospital called De La Pole, just outside of Beverley, near Hull, It was hugh, as soon as we started looking round the place, we all had this bad feeling of not being the only one's there. We soon scarpered :lmao:

I worked for three years at a mental asylum and it shut down about 18 months after I left. Spooky place when it was occupied, gawd knows what it must have been like vacant.
Then about 8 years ago I did Fire Brigade breathing apparatus training in another abandoned asylum near Maidstone in Kent. Totally bizarre experience that. I so wish I had my camera with back then.

Good find for a forum, going to explore that a bit when I have some time. Thanks for sharing.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
this is my (www.thetimechamber.co.uk) website i run with my brother, we have been doing it a few years now.

Subbrit is still going strong, the website has just had a large overhaul with new stuff being added soon.

Nice one Ed. My wife trained at All Saints, Winson Green, big gothic place with fantastic grounds. Patients had space to move, not like the 'new' boxes they build these days.

MrEd

Life Member
Feb 18, 2010
Surrey/Sussex
www.thetimechamber.co.uk
Nice one Ed. My wife trained at All Saints, Winson Green, big gothic place with fantastic grounds. Patients had space to move, not like the 'new' boxes they build these days.

isnt that the truth! My other half works in a hospital in london and some parts of it are old and amazing. My hospital is all modern, and even then the layout doesnt work that well!

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
Great stuff thanks for all the links etc
I live on the Wilts Somerset border near Bath so plenty round me. I can see Browns Folly from my kitchen window
Funnily enough I am also a psychiatric nurse and the last 20 years have given me plenty of opportunity to indulge my interest some of the places are on that site.
I have also done a bit Internationally; while on holiday especially Crete and Bulgaria as you can imagine Eastern Europe is particularly rich pickings.
Great thread Shewie

MrEd

Life Member
Feb 18, 2010
Surrey/Sussex
www.thetimechamber.co.uk
Great stuff thanks for all the links etc
I live on the Wilts Somerset border near Bath so plenty round me. I can see Browns Folly from my kitchen window
Funnily enough I am also a psychiatric nurse and the last 20 years have given me plenty of opportunity to indulge my interest some of the places are on that site.
I have also done a bit Internationally; while on holiday especially Crete and Bulgaria as you can imagine Eastern Europe is particularly rich pickings.
Great thread Shewie

yeah there are literally hundreds of ex-soviet sites in east europe, not to mention ww2 stuff

Fizzy

Nomad
Feb 8, 2010
Ash Vale
Years ago myself and a few mates went wandering round an old abandoned Mental Hospital called De La Pole, just outside of Beverley, near Hull, It was hugh, as soon as we started looking round the place, we all had this bad feeling of not being the only one's there. We soon scarpered :lmao:
Blimey, I remember that place being open :)

On similar lines, I expect many of you to have seen this, but if not, this is definitely worth checking out. The pictures from Chernobyl are quite eerie, and the Serpants Wall section is also a good read

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
On a similar note:

I cycle through a part of Edinburgh called 'South Gyle' on my way into town. During the day it's a hustling bustling collection of massive offices (RBS, Oracle, LBG, etc) and mobbed with cars and people. At night time and on Sundays it's completely dead, not a car, person or sound anywhere except for bunnies. It occurred to me this Sunday on a bimble to Dunc's that it'd be the perfect place to film a 28 Days Later type movie. I'll try and get some photos the next time.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE