2011 Wonder Fabric

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Aussiepom

Forager
Jun 17, 2008
Mudgee, NSW
I've just been reminded that mid last year I read several different posts, on different blogs/forums mentioning a new 'wonder fabric' due out at the end of the year. I've heard no more about it. Did it happen? What was it called? Was it the new Polartec Neoshell stuff?

Does anybody have any updates or comments at all?

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Just saw this - Jonah indeed! I ask you!
I have spent a lot of time in the woods recently and have just been working too hard to do much but skim the threads and I missed this one...

To the question ....
I am not sure what fabric you are actually refering to - every manufacturer keeps claiming that they will be bringing out some "wonder fabric" or other ... and few apear!
There was a lot of excitement about NanoTech treatments but apart from some boots I have tried the excitement has died down ... and health concerns have arrisen (breathing in micro plastic dust) and fabric longevity issues were mentioned ...
The only garment related "Wow" at the Outdoor Trade Show this year was concerning "waterproof" down sleepingbag fillings ... for next year of course!

I have learned not to hold my breath when it comes to miracle fabrics being launched ... the best miracle fabrics I have come across in outdoor clothing tend to come off a sheeps back, a cows erse or from some various plant material!

I would love to find a genuine miracle fabric that was light, breathable, waterproof, wicking, comfortable, warm and cool, hardwearing, recyclable, cost little, was Eco-friendly, boosted Developping Nations ecconomies and came in green as standard .... but I do not think I will live long enough to see it happen!

Aussiepom

Forager
Jun 17, 2008
Mudgee, NSW
Oh well, doesn't hurt to hope. Thanks anyway guys.

On a side note, has anyone tried a garment made with the Polartec Neoshell? Does it breathe any better than eVent?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE