2000AD comics (Early 80's stuff)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Hi Folks, having a major downsize session of my books and such and was sorting out some magazines and found a stack of the old 2000AD comics.

They're dog-eared and a bit battered but in reasonably good condition and have been kept stored flat.

I have issues.. well actually they called Programs

166 June 1980
171 Aug 1980
172 Aug 1980

Then also have
389 Oct '84

and 393 in sequence to 406 from 24th Nov '84 to 23rd Feb '85

Then I have 2 Best of specials of these comics featuring a complete story of Strontium Dog with Durham Red. (episodes from Jan '87 reprinted in '93.)

Plus another stand alone Sci-fi special with Judge Dredd and other characters stories.

Now I know comics are pretty much a niche market but I thought I'd offer them up here for anyone wanting a trip down memory lane.

The block series I have has stories featuring
Stainless Steel Rat for President.
Nemisis the Warlock and the ABC warriors.
Rogue Trooper.
Judge Dredd (of course)
Halo Jones

2000+AD+comics.jpg

that's 22 comics in all, stacks to about 1½ inches.

Yours for the princley sum of £15 inc P&P. Payment via paypal please.

Now I won't be able to post these out until at least May 10th when I'll be in the UK again, so if you really want them, sit on the payment until nearer the day and I'll get them to you then. Fair enough?

dredd2_s.jpg

You can trust a Biker

Biker

Rojaws anywhere? Classic stuff!

Yup Rojaws is in with Nemisis in the episodes in series I have. That's the little wise-cracking robot with the jagged jaws yes?

Mike, I just had a fire this evening with a load of stuff off my book shelves and boxes of magazines. Seemed dumb to haul them about when I move next but I just couldn't bring myself to burn those.

I have a 6 month stack of Look & Learn comics from Jan to June 1961 which I am in two minds whether to burn or not. Seems criminal but what can you do? Can't be bothered going through ebay. Anyone want those?

Sample of a the Look & Learn cover from 1968

Look--Learn-1968.jpg

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Mike, I just had a fire this evening with a load of stuff off my book shelves and boxes of magazines. Seemed dumb to haul them about when I move next but I just couldn't bring myself to burn those.

Mine are all in boxes still in my Dads attic... he's desperate to shift 'em.... but I'm the same, I don't want him to bin them. My favourites were the Finks.

mrcairney

Settler
Jun 4, 2011
West Pennine Moors
If anyone has any of the short lived Pat Mills Toxic! comic from the early 90's, I'm missing a couple :)

I gotta tell you, I think you're selling these a bit short. Ebay might be the way, you know. Still, if one of the brotherhood want them, get them!

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
If anyone has any of the short lived Pat Mills Toxic! comic from the early 90's, I'm missing a couple :)

I gotta tell you, I think you're selling these a bit short. Ebay might be the way, you know. Still, if one of the brotherhood want them, get them!

I tried to get mine valued - they have to be mint to make money unless they're rare episodes but the web does provide the info. I remember Toxic. I also used to read "Scream"...

Biker

To be honest I thought I was selling them a bit pricey I was about to hit post when I changed the price to £15 from £10 Figured the posting would eat half the income otherwise.

Those Look and Learns I won't burn then, but ebay is such a drag for me, being here in France I can't sell things so easily on ebay.UK. If I do need to sell stuff I give it to my mate to do it and often they don't sell in the end, which is why I figured I'd offer them here.

I have four bundles of bike mags too. Remember theold Superbike comic with the noodie wimmin centrespread? Got the early 80's of tose including issue 1 Same with it's sister mag Custom Car. Got issue 1 of that as well. Got a stack of Back Street Heroes with issue 1 of that. Been hauling these around with me for decads and I am feeling that need to jetison stuff now. Thing is once you start binning things you get the itch to keep on going.

Sorry McCairney don't have any of those comics you mentioned. Got issues 1-23 of Ms Marvel from Marvel comics if that's any help. They're going to my niece if she wants 'em.

Last edited:

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
Message to shaggystu, your inbox has maxed out its quota so I can't reply to your PM. However Teedee's already said he'll have 'em. Sorry.

cheers for that mate, i've been getting progressively more confused as to why i can't work my private messages, i have a feeling that alcohol may be involved!

well done teedee, i hope you enjoy them, i know that i would!

i shall go and read my first appearance of judge dredd (2000ad prog 2) to console myself.

mashallah

stuart

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
cheers for that mate, i've been getting progressively more confused as to why i can't work my private messages, i have a feeling that alcohol may be involved!

well done teedee, i hope you enjoy them, i know that i would!

i shall go and read my first appearance of judge dredd (2000ad prog 2) to console myself.

mashallah

stuart

Stu , I'll give you a PM after I've read them.

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
Biker & guys,

Thank you for a spot-on nostalgia trip! I'm 40 and remember with great fondness early 2000AD (Flesh, anyone?) and Look and Learn. Blimey, we'll be onto Look-In, Magpie and the test card soon....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE