£4.99 Frost Mora

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
W

Walkabout

Oh no lithril, now I have no choice but to buy one! :roll: :You_Rock_

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
bothyman said:
MMMMMMMM £5-95p postage on orders under £100 :roll:

That works out expensive ?? clothing looks nice but the prices :yikes:

MickT :wave:

Just spoken to Bushwear and they've said that P & P will be £1 on the knife... now hows that for customer service :super:

Cheers

Matt

Slimey

Tenderfoot
Apr 20, 2005
Hertfordshire
I got two of these last week and it was still only a pound postage.

Arrived next day, very good service indeed. They're pretty good knives too, I'm still only a newbie at sharpening and I was impressed at how sharp they are out of the box. The handle is also slightly fatter than the Kellam I already had and feels a bit more comfortable.

Very impressive for the price.

Mr_Yarrow

Forager
May 16, 2005
UK, Hertfordshire
Just got off the phone from placing my order, should arrive tomorrow. So far an excellently helpfull service.

Used to have a similar blade when I was subbed to Wilderness Times (it was the subscription freebie), that one held a good edge but was hard for me to sharpen as I wasnt used to the technique then. Am keen to see what a differnce 11 years has made (to me and the knifes I buy) :D

Mr_Yarrow

Forager
May 16, 2005
UK, Hertfordshire
Well package has arrived safe and sound the next day - excellent service!

One question for people however, is I have tried to use the Fire Steel and its an absolute pig to generate a spark from and I have to press really hard and its making sizeable grooves in the steel, so;

whats the right technique to use, either with the lump of metal supplied or the Mora training knife I got.

should i be making grooves in the steel?

leon-1

Sometimes the back edge of the Mora can be a little rounded, if you have a diamond stone or some wet and dry or a leatherman (wave with the diamond file) you can square the back edge of with that and you can generate a better spark.

The other option is the striker supplied :)

I hope one of the above will work for you and you can take some quite large bits out of a firesteel with the spine of the blade, but it would be better if you could post a picture of it so we could see if it was normal or not, all the best, Leon :)

Slimey

Tenderfoot
Apr 20, 2005
Hertfordshire
The back of the ones I bought are a bit rounded and would definitley need filing to get it square. I haven't done my Mora's yet but it made a big difference to the cheap Kellam I have. I used a diamond file on the Kellam and it worked a treat, nice big fat sparks now.

Simon.

John Boy

Oct 23, 2004
UK
Add a folding saw for £5.95 plus an additional £1 for p&p - I did! Cheap little package with the knife and firesteel.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Technically I think you're right, but I've bought both the knives & firesteels and saws from the company since I read this post and I wouldn't have known about them otherwise. The thread was pretty clearly labelled right from the start ;)

I'm probably one of the worst offenders, but then I think there's a moral imperative to share a good bargain around :D

Cheers,
Toddy

KIMBOKO

Nomad
Nov 26, 2003
Suffolk
Motorbike Man said:
seems like a short description of a genuine resource to me

Thinking more
"Overtly commercial language is not acceptable, neither is the posting of prices, availability of products etc.

and yes post eight.
Bargains all.
Perhaps a change to the rule is required or perhaps the moderators can help?

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
Well, if you notice, rule 6 is directed primarily at Dealers & Traders. In other words, no advertising for commercial gain.

Andy

Native
Dec 31, 2003
sheffield
www.freewebs.com
Hoodoo said:
Well, if you notice, rule 6 is directed primarily at Dealers & Traders. In other words, no advertising for commercial gain.

it would seem to me that post 8 is breaking that rule.

The poster didn't mean to break any rules and a quiet word is all that's needed. I always think it's better coming from someone else anyway

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE