What book are you reading at the moment?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

chris_irwin

Nomad
Jul 10, 2007
oxfordshire
I am legend, Richard Matheson,..

bit dissapointed,...3/4 of the way thru and cant see it getting any better,...

think it was written in the 50s tho so,...

probably a rare example of the film outdoing the book,...

Just finished reading that last night. I found it quite interesting, totally different to the film. I won't give the game away, but the story was ultimately a bit pointless. I think it was supposed to induce thought more than anything, kind of reminded me of 1984 but no where near as good...

Edit: Just realised this thread is old... you've obviously already read it I guess

Last edited:

WoodMan

Forager
Jan 18, 2008
Norfolk
My favourite books ever: Lord of the forest, BB. All of Jim Corbetts work. Mad trapper of Rat River. A Rifleman went to war. Homers Odessy. Dawn Dusk and Deer, Arthur Cadnam. All of Phill Drabbles stuff. Eye of the Wind, Peter Scott. John Bucans John McNab. Glyn.

_scorpio_

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 22, 2009
east sussex UK
im re-reading (3rd time) The Enemy and The Dead (nearly finished the first one) by Charlie Higson.
i have moved my knives out of arms reach from my bed in case I start dreaming of the books and hack my room into matchsticks...

WoodMan

Forager
Jan 18, 2008
Norfolk
where did you get them from?
mine is an old library copy, but am tempted by the other titles.

I'm away for the weekend but send me a message with your number and I'll give you a shout next week. Some are quite readily available but some are like chickens teeth. I have a very rare black and white copy of Ancient Cattle that took a long time to find. Best wishes, Glyn.

Berk

Tenderfoot
Feb 8, 2011
Northants
I read the first book in that series, and started the second, and just got fed up with how amazing 2 people could be, so I didn't continue reading. ^^

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE