wool bushshirt

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jan 10, 2011
cornwall
hello has anyone seen the we love wool bushshirts that tamarack are selling .i got one about seven mounths ago from them thay are amazing way better than the new swanndris. there made in the old swanndri factory. the wool is really waterproof. for any one who loves there bushshirts cheak them out .

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
They do look nice. I thought my Bison Bushcraft one was dear but I could get two at that price! Can't beat a bit of wool.

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Ya, they look nice but that's still a lot of money at £140 for what it is in my opinion. Think I'll stick to the Bison Bushcraft, I never thought I'd look at it as a steal so thanks for that!

In Wood

Nomad
Oct 15, 2006
Leyland, Lancashire.
Why not make your own?

I have just finished one from a twead material and done an article on it for a certain publication. ;-)

I have long wanted a Bison Bushshirt, but could not justify the price, so when I found a sheet of twead for £10 in a charity shop I was well chuffed and I am more than pleased with the results.
Tailor made, custome design, all for about £12 and a while at the sewing machine, cant get better than that now can you.

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Why not make your own?

I have just finished one from a twead material and done an article on it for a certain publication. ;-)

I have long wanted a Bison Bushshirt, but could not justify the price, so when I found a sheet of twead for £10 in a charity shop I was well chuffed and I am more than pleased with the results.
Tailor made, custome design, all for about £12 and a while at the sewing machine, cant get better than that now can you.

Any chance of a link to the tweed one you made? Sounds nice! I have made my own from wool blankets but decided to treat myself to a bison bushcraft one last summer. You can never have enough wool! Mine cost about £15 in total, mainly due to excessive amounts of dye. I'm happy with it but can't bring myself to cut up my Dutch army wool blanket to make a posh one...

Dark Horse Dave

Apr 5, 2007
Surrey / South West London
Why not make your own?

I fancy having a go at that. Any chance you could reveal the publication, or perhaps tell us the method, pattern etc?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE