surplus and adventure

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
a FULL days work....

making the link between "him" and Sporticus,....

i had a terrible day,...sat at my desk "getting phoned at" and "doing some meetings"

then my mate Dave decided to make my day worse by sending me that, compounding the fact he was "faffing" while i was being all stressed and that..

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I think your promotion hasnt just failed but is in the realms of EPIC FAIL

Yup ...

a1e1015e-1.jpg

Hmm - how to enlarge ....

For those who might not be able to read the legend

For those times when even the most
innocent and unknowing, know:
'Yer dun stoopid!'​

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
Ever since I joined BCUK waaaay back in 2003, The problems with "said company" seem to have been constant, and I guess they'll continue.
It does make me wonder how they are still operating after such bad press and the recession combined?

Opal

Native
Dec 26, 2008
Liverpool
The only company I truly trust is Amazon for prompt delivery, I ordered an item three weeks ago from some company on Ebay which cost me 95p but £4:80p P+P :rolleyes: it arrived yesterday but nobody was in. The company must be on the Moon.

The Royal Mail left a note saying give it 24 hrs, I did, travelled a few miles today and guess what? it hadn't arrived there. God! I hate the Royal Mail, not the first time this has happened.

There is no doubt just how bad S&A actually are,but why do so many people still order from them?, it's getting to the point where if you have a bad experience with them it's your own fault as there are so many people on here who could tell you to shop elsewhere..I still think the best service I have ever gotten was from Endicotts, won't ever go near S&A simply because of the bad reports I have read here and elsewhere.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
It's the temptation of a bargain :D

I've never *not* gotten my order from them, but sometimes one bit comes literally months later :dunno: and sometimes I reckon that their sizing methods might well belong in a lucky bag pick and mix.

I think they get swamped.

cheers,
Toddy

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
does this mean the fun stops now then?..

cos i think i got an unusully low response to the Sporticus Grrrrrrr picture

chris_irwin

Nomad
Jul 10, 2007
oxfordshire
I read this at the time of posting, then I went on to order something from them without making the connection that it was this store. Anyway, the order was cancelled because they wanted me to provide them with ID for buying a knife (no scanner or fax machine), so I cancelled the order. I noticed the other day that they charged me for this order, so I sent them an email 4 days ago asking for a refund, still haven't heard anything.

Avoid this store...

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
I think I've cracked their business model. It's truly marvelous in its simplicity. Get lots of people to place orders that you never intend to fill, but string them along for a couple of months. Hold their money until they kick up enough fuss to refund them and live off the interest.

sxmolloy

Mar 22, 2006
lancashire, north west england
I think I've cracked their business model. It's truly marvelous in its simplicity. Get lots of people to place orders that you never intend to fill, but string them along for a couple of months. Hold their money until they kick up enough fuss to refund them and live off the interest.

Only problem is the interest rates are rock bottom, even with £500,000.00 worth of orders you couldn't live off the interest.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE