Paypal question

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gcckoka

Settler
Nov 13, 2015
Georgia
I know many of you guys use paypal , maybe you can help me with this.
It is just hilarious happened second time already , it happened with last two customers , who send me USD I receive EU and lost about 4-5$ even though my primary currency in USD , then when I have to withdraw it , it converts it automatically to USD and makes me lose another 4-5$ plus all of that fees when receiving funds and when withdrawing it , yes I understand that but what the bloody hell is this nonsense of converting and taking away money as if I am blind, can someone help with a solution to fix this maybe ?

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
You can set your PayPal to receive multiple currencies, I don't get penalised when i convert from one currency to another so I'm not sure why you do...

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Have you asked Paypal? It does sound like something isn't working right.

I wanted US$ for a particular sale, but when I got the money it had been converted to £. I realised later that I needed to set up to accept US$, which I had not done, so it didn't matter what the buyer "sent" only what I had set up to receive. I have not had a chance to try it again. The system is meant to allow your account to hold funds in different currencies.

garethw

Settler
Recently I've noticed the latest version of Paypal defaults to dollars.... When you key in the currency you want it automatically converts it to dollars... You then have to go in and set both sides of the amount to your currency .. in my case Euros.
Then before you finalise the payment is says your will be sending..Euros or what ever.. It's not very good for non US users.. You just have to be careful before you hit send.

5teep

Tenderfoot
Aug 6, 2017
Scotland
And of course you're using "Paypal's" exchange rate not the actual exchange rate, they take a cut.

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
click on Wallet at the top of the screen
"Paypal balance Details>"
Click on Details.
Click on Manage Currencies

Should be clear how to add alternative currencies from there.

Unless of course you have already done all that and it still isn't working! I hadn't done that, asked people in the US to pay my in US$, and was baffled as to why the money came to me in £, which is the default for my location.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE