From a Health and Safety point of view.....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
I watched a 14 year old get his scarf (that we all told him not to wear but he did anyway) get caught round the axle of a 2 stroke racing kart coming out of a corner.

After we realised his neck wasn't broken, he got the mickey taken something wrotten for weeks and never lost the name 'Redneck'. I've never seen a friction burn like it.

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
This is the story that springs to mind when I work around spinning items now.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/14/nyregion/yale-student-dies-in-machine-shop-accident.html?_r=0

There are people who have died truly horrific deaths from a sleeve being caught on a work piece between a chuck and tail stock, bones and flesh only slow those motors briefly on a full sized lathe. Something I keep in mind every day all day at work!

Nice little idea for quick burnishing though, just lose the damn hoodie first!

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I'll put a link to this thread on his video and he can come and learn from the skilled folk here ;)

Just drive round and you'll see stuff that will make your toes curl more, lighten up lads.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE