Your "Funeral" Song

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
I'd like what I did for my Father's funeral. I led his coffin into the crematorium playing "The Flowers of the Forest" on the bagpipes and, as the coffin was drawn out of sight, I played "We're Nae Awa' Tae Bide Awa'".

Geoff

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
Wow, lots of great songs on this thread!

Keep them coming.

I'd like what I did for my Father's funeral. I led his coffin into the crematorium playing "The Flowers of the Forest" on the bagpipes and, as the coffin was drawn out of sight, I played "We're Nae Awa' Tae Bide Awa'".

Geoff

Jock Simpson, an old friend and neighbour of my Grandfather's was a Pipey (everyone in that family were) and he led us on the half mile walk at my Grandfather's Funeral, from the Chapel to the graveside.

Unforgettable.

At my own, as well as "Wish me luck as you wave me goodbye".

I think I'll go for one of Ken Dodd's brilliant songs - Happiness.

"I thank the Lord, that I've been blessed,
With a nine inch length of
Happiness"

On that note, any useable organs left in me after a life of debauchery are up for grabs.
This will not only help the recipient, but hopefully will lighten the burden for those who've drawn the short straw (coffin cord) and who have to shoulder my coffin.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
My crem do is all planned..
It will be fancy dress - no black allowed unless you come as The Grim Reaper - and you go in to the sound of "The Crazy World of Arthur Brown|"'s I am the God of Hellfire - and I bring you....Fire!" then the family can do what they want until I slide awaway to the oven the the strains of the "Shelmish" (German Goth bagpipe and drums rock band) doing their version of "Ring of Fire"... then again I dont care what happens until everyone leaves to an instrumental version of "Smoke gets in your eyes"!

And I aint joking - this is what I want!

Blow misery - have a laugh!...I will be in a much better place looking down and will not want any sadness on my behalf (too much of that stuff as it is) I have had a great life and know the next is even better!

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
Crazy by Patsie Cline

Queen ( a theme here I suspect)

Welcome to my world (well my new one) by Jim Reeves

After I have been charred at 180 Degrees, a bottle of Single malt and dam fine bottle of rum because all through life I could never decide which I liked the most, let someone else decide.

Trev

Nomad
Mar 4, 2010
Northwich Cheshire
Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE