your favourite boots

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
after a great response from the last thread! i was thinking (much to the wife amusement) Boots are my main topic!

I was a huge fan of magnum but this has faded after multiple pairs let me down.

I then went on to bates and loved the falcon boots. These are very comfortable and lightweight which helps. the soles are amazing for grip and although now 50% of the way through the sole they still keep that grip.

these are mine what are yours?

Elen Sentier

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I seem to be a confirmed Hi-Tec user, 50 Peaks being the ones that work best on my feet.

I've tried all sorts of others but these are the ones that do the biz for me. I can't wear boots that are at all high up the leg or they rub and getting sores for a diabetic is not a starter for 10 !!! Leather would be nice, had a pair handmade for me yonks ago but they eventually fell apart from use and never found anything to compare except the Hi-Tec.

Will_

Nomad
Feb 21, 2013
Dorset
Scarpa SL M3 boots. Heavy, and they take a while to break in, but they are indestructible, waterproof, and versatile (maybe a bit too heavy for hot climates though.)

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
As a dog handler(for 14yrs)altberg field & fell was the boot choice for most of us, & a fantastic boot it is. Lately however, due to cut backs they have removed the allowence & started to issue us a magnum style boot made by a company called YDS. Im now no longer a handler, having "gone back into uniform" so to speak, for a few months pending retirement, & i now use the YDS boots for wet walks with the dog i've kept(good old boy refused to work for anyone else, but they tried him with 3 different handlers, who all wanted him)& the boots have held up well, i wanted them to fail, but they ain't to bad.

Rob

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
Lundhags. (old style)
Or the 1950's Swedish brown leather ski-march boot.
( or me Lennons! ...I better stop now! )

da C.

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Had a pair of Bates, the same as you, for 2 years, but they have recently died! So after much thought i plumped for a pair of Lowa's and 4 months in are very pleased.

Ivan...

demographic

Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Another vote for Meindl Desert Fox boots, got them almost a year ago and they have been on my feet pretty much anytime I need footware that's not work steel toe capped boots.
Comfy and hardwearing. I'l be getting another pair.

Badger74

Jun 10, 2008
Ex Leeds, now Killala
I just couldn't get on with my desert foxes, hence the sale to Rod. I have the magnum Amazon desert and leather versions, and for me they fit like gloves.

sent by weird means

Jul 3, 2013
United Kingdom
Having enormous feet, I'm somewhat restricted in choice, but following the advice of a former student now in the Army, I tried a pair of Lowa Combat GTX and they're the best I've ever had. Comfortable, dry, fit my feet like gloves, never a blister.

Everything Mac

Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Honestly I think any if the high end brands will do well. We can only recommend what we know and no one owns them all at once. So can it ever be a fair recommendation?

Ive had a pair of lowas for nearly five years and they are slowly dying. But they've a good but if use left in them yet.

Lowa, meindl or altberg will be my choice for my next set of boots. Though I hear good things about the converse boots as well as Oakley boots too.

My day to day shoes are merrel's. no complaints with them so far either.

Andy

leon-1

I have a few pairs of boots as I don't think that one boot fits all situations. I use Lowa's (I use to have a set of renegade's which were excellent, but now I use combat and desert), a set of Karrimor KSB's which have been very comfy, but the hooks detach after a while (not a problem as I have the kit to replace them) and recently I have been using VivoBarefoot M Synth Hiker. The reason for the latter is that I am a big fan of traditional moccasins and without either making them myself or paying someone to make them this is probably as close as you'll get as far as comfort is concerned in a mass produced market.

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
Lundhags. Light, fiendishly comfortable, supportive and very good on the water-resistance front, with no superfluous padding to absorb more moisture.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Altberg Field'n'Fell originals for 2-3 months...........Meindle Desert Fox the rest of the time - the only boot I've ever had that I don't want to take off when I get to camp - or home!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE