Yippee!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Just brought a Gene Ingram!
I have a #30 drop point on order (D2 bone scales) but I popped into his site as I regularly do to lust after steel and he had a #1 in D2, with seacow scales and black liners, in his available section. Well it ain't available now as I've nabbed it :) . Gene's making a left handed sheath for it and as soon as I know the international postage (forgot to tell him I'm in the UK in my original email :eek: ) I'll pay up and it'll be mine :D

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Couldn't sleep, huh? :D Happy birthday & Chrismas too!?
Nice toy, sorry tool...nah I was right first time.
Enjoy :rolleyes:

cheers,
Toddy

p.s. Just gone to have a look, *nice* toy :)

Hellz

Nomad
Sep 26, 2003
Kent, England
www.hellzteeth.com
Nice catch! :D

I spotted this but after getting my Gene Ingram Pocket Wharncliffe not so long ago I couldn't really justify it...

(to my better half :rolleyes: )

Make sure you post some pics when it arrives... :D

Hellz

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Toddy, I'm an early riser specially at this time of year, and it was actually my birthday Sunday so I can justify it as a toy...I mean present!
I spotted it Saturday and was waiting for the email from Gene to see if I got it so I was a bit excited when I posted earlier :eek:
Leon is that a # 30 you have or do you have 30 Gene Ingrams? I'm very jealous if you have that many!
Anyhow, Gene's making me a left handed sheath up and will post it out first of next week.

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Just got an email from Gene, he posted off my knife yesterday so I should have it in 4-7 days :). Hope it arrives for the weekend.

Treb

May 26, 2005
The Hague, the Netherlands
Gene makes very nice knives by the look of it, I fancied a #1 drop point and the Shortcut (with spalted maple). At some point Gene figured he could ask a higher price for his knives, after the price increase his knives weren't such a bargain anymore. That put his knives out of my price bracket.

I found a German webshop (toolshop.de) with free shipping in the EU and ordered a very nice Helle Trofé for 95 euro's.

Hellz

Nomad
Sep 26, 2003
Kent, England
www.hellzteeth.com
Treb said:
At some point Gene figured he could ask a higher price for his knives, after the price increase his knives weren't such a bargain anymore. That put his knives out of my price bracket.

I've not noticed a significant increase, but for what you get they are still a real bargain in my opinion.

The spalted maple is an excellent choice; I have a spalted maple #30 (bottom) and a spalted maple burl pocket wharncliffe (top).
gene_ingram_pw_7.JPG

Gene has a long waiting list at the moment, perfect for saving up :D

Hellz

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Got a ticket through the door saying the postie had a package too big for my letterbox this morning! I'll be at the local office first thing tomorrow :)
Treb said:
So I guess you are a victim of Gene's success...
A knife is worth what you are willing to pay for it, I think Gene's knives are good value for money.

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Just picked it up from the post office. It's a beaut, and I have a long weekend to play with it :). I'll post some picks later.

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
charliefox said:
Hope you weren't bivvyed outside the Post Office all night? :)

Can't wait to see the pics.
Not quite, but I was waiting when they opened :)
ingram4.jpg

ingram3.jpg

ingram2.jpg

ingram1.jpg

First impressions are very good, although it'll take a while to get used to a secondary bevel after using so many scandi's.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE