Yew Burr on a Mick Spain Bushy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
I've just finished this in Yew Burr. It's from a Mick Spain 01 blade bushcraft blade with brass corby bolts and 6mm lanyard tube and black fibre liners.

S'pose I'll ave to knock up a sheath now.:p

Hope you like, thanks for looking.

Richard

May2008014.jpg

May2008020.jpg

May2008019.jpg

Zammo

Settler
Jul 29, 2006
London
That really is a lovely looking handle wood. I'm going to have to get my paws on some for my next knife. :D

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
That Yew burr is like hens teeth, I think Pikebite had one pair of scales left by mid afternoon on Sunday at the knife show.

This one is a comission for someone, who I haven't heard from for a while :rolleyes: I hope he gets in touch soon as I love the look and feel of this one.

It's 4mm 01 carbon with 1mm black liners.

Lovely lovely wood.

philaw

Settler
Nov 27, 2004
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK.
I was joking; thinking the foliage and berries are poisonous, but the wood probably isn't. I use my knives for food prep, like most people, and numb body parts would put me right off.

philaw

Settler
Nov 27, 2004
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK.
Oh, I didn't say that it looks like the perfect bushcraft knife. The wood is beautiful, and as a native species has a nice aesthetic for bushcrafting. The blade is a perfect length and shape.

I'm sorry if I sounded whingy.

Soloman

Settler
Aug 12, 2007
Scotland
Hands off guys this ones mine.
Thought id get one before Dougster has a woodlore style waiting list.
Have a good look at his work,inspiring.
Soloman.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE