Ya'll Cwmbach now!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
A quick overnighter for the first stay at my new site near Cwmbach. With all the recent rain I opted to build a string bed as the gound's a little to wet and soft to just crash out on the mat and was rewarded with a pretty good nights sleep. Next time I'll notch the poles with the saw so the paracord loops don't slip! Didn't have a lot of time to go exploring but there appear to be some flat'ish spots in this otherwise steep sided valley, finding and clearing trails to them will be my end of the bargain. The owner is an absolute star, not only has he provided me with a copy of the land registry map for his property but has also made the the adjoining farm owners aware of who I am so there's no risk of awkward encounters. As long as I respect the land and the wildlife he's happy for me to be there.

cwmcach-2015-feb.jpg

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
That's a great way to get a relationship going with a landowner; nice one :) BTW, this has to be a contender for "Thread title of the Month", eh?

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
Looks great Bishop getting out there And asking has paid off.
It's been a long slog this last two months to be sure what with foul weather and the infrequent bus service to some areas simply getting there and back home has been a logistical nightmare just to introduce myself. I've struck unlucky on a few leads but on the whole people have been very receptive, often amazed in some cases that there are people like us.

BTW, this has to be a contender for "Thread title of the Month", eh?
Hold that thought, I have far worse puns planned!

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Nice one :D

Yeah, weather's pretty awful up this end too :sigh: Gales and torrential rain, and we're trying to put up fences.

Sounds like you've got an excellent raport with the landowner :cool: I hope it's a success for you both.

atb,
M

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE