www.gransfors.co.uk

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MikeE

Sep 12, 2005
Essex
This is actually the Weald Museum's site and they are probably the cheapest for GB axes in the UK! Certainly delighted with my SFA from here, ended up with one by GB's head axe smith, Lennard Petersen, (if that's the correct term or spelling of his name!)

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
The phone numbers certainly match the Weald and Downland museum - a very reputable firm indeed

Red

buckley

Nomad
Nov 8, 2006
United Kingdom
It just I couldn't find them listed on the genuine site, and the website looked poorly made.

All seems o.k, great prices so I am going to place an order.

Thanks guys.

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
Is there any reason for this?

Mainly as stated, they appear to be claiming to be Gransfors Bruks while they are not mentioned on the official website. Again, it's always better to be cautious on the Internet esp when you're handing over your credit card details. However, a few of you here have vouched for them, so I'd be happy with that.

leon-1

I agree, I bought my Scandinavian axe from them....They are one of the few places around that stock the full GB range...

At the bottom of the page it tells you who they are.

GBUK said:
Gränsfors.co.uk:SMS Ltd Weald & Downland Open Air Museum, Singleton, Chichester West Sussex PO18 0EU

GB make excellent axes, but they are not quite as marvellous with their website, when they changed the product spec for the hunters and the SFA they had two seperate specs for each axe on their site for quite a long time.

Also the only link for the uk is http://www.axe-throwing.co.uk which currently appears to be a dead link or it's down for renovation. However a lot of the axe throwing carried out in the uk appears to be carried out in the West Sussex area, so it's not totally impossible that they may have something to do with Wealdown.

SOAR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
Very helpfull people at the Weald and Downland museum Got my SFA from them many moons ago.

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Buckley,

They are only an hours drive from you and are very happy to haul out their stock and let you pick it over. If I was you I'd make the trip and have a look at the axes and handle them. The museum itself is stunning and there are some lovely trees to wander through too (including some nice Hornbeams). You might even meet a few of the members instructing there - I know of at least two that do

Red

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
Ah right. I must have missed that bit.

Just in the sense that the URL is gransfors.co.uk and in bold text you have the sentence: This is Gränsfors Bruks

I'd have been less suspicious if they had been more obviously upfront about being a reseller, even so given the very positive response here I'd be more than happy to buy from them. One to bookmark I think. :D

buckley

Nomad
Nov 8, 2006
United Kingdom
Sounds like a good idea to me Red!

I have the day off on monday so I think i'll spend the afternoon up there. Saves having to wait in for the postman.

Thanks guys.

:)

bothyman

Settler
Nov 19, 2003
Sutherland. Scotland.
Just in the sense that the URL is gransfors.co.uk and in bold text you have the sentence: This is Gränsfors Bruks

I think the "This is Granfors Bruks" could refer to the fact that the page is about the history of Granfors Bruks not that they are GF??

But it is rather misleading using the URL.

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Give thm a call first Buckley - just to check they hav some in! Thy should have but they wer out of wildlifes once when I went there

Red

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE