Would you...?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
I've met or talked to a number of people who've emigrated, in general I've found those that were happy and contented here are happy and contented where they've moved to. Those who had issues while living here also tended to have issues with where they live. If there's a moral to this story it's that people tend to take their baggage with them, and those that are prepared and ready to be happy with life will be, irrespective of where they live..

Dead right. I read once that miserable whiners who win the lottery become rich miserable whiners - seems to be the same issue. The contented seem to make the most of what they've got wherever they are.

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Given that a vast majority of the UK appear to be dissatisfied with their live's at present,in a hypothetical situation,if you(and family)were supplied with the means to leave the UK(visa's,a new job,travel expenses,schools for the kid's etc),country of your choice....would you choose to go???
I would be interested in other peoples thoughts.

Wouldn't hesitate, not for a minute, I'd be off like a shot, but only to either Canada or New Zealand.

R.B.

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
I've been all over the world. Only Iceland, Spain & NZ could tempt me abroad. But you know what? I love where I live and would only ever seriously consider the gower in Wales :)

Darkside

Forager
Nov 2, 2009
Aldershot, UK
Yep - like a shot.

Czech, Poland, Hungary, Sweden, East Germany, Scotland or Wales for short distance for visiting family. South Africa, New Zealand, Australia or Canada for long haul. Pretty much anywhere rural really - Raised outside of the UK and travelled extensively in my twenties so got no real emotional link with the UK.

If SWTSMBO was coming as well then it gets reduced to Canada or New Zealand with South Africa at a push as long as the job paid enough to still keep the house here as she was born in it and lived in it for nearly 40 years.

spiritwalker

Native
Jun 22, 2009
wirral
had looked into new zealand and canada but my job line doesnt fit their immigration criteria so im stuck having said that as much as i get peeved off in uk somedays when out in the wild look around the colours in the forest and think there is no place like home... Our island is beautiful and unique just a shame its shared with lots of gob****es

Karl82

Oct 15, 2010
Leicester
Hey all i grew up in South Africa and moved to the UK when i was 19, no not with my family on my own.I was lucky my grand pairents where all British so i could come over and i have no regrets this is my home and i love it here, yes it has its problems but everywhere dose. Would i move back to SA? honestly flat out NO.The UK has alot more to offer for me. Try to look past all the media hipe and bullsh*t they make it out as if its worse than it realy is the UK is a fantastic place to live compared to many many other countries. if i moved anywhere it would be Scotland next ovious reasions.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Yes... I'd love to return back home to Texas. Probably stay around Austin or the hill country around Fredericksburg.

But I won't any time soon as my children are here and my wifes children and granddaughter as well

bb07

Native
Feb 21, 2010
Rupert's Land
had looked into new zealand and canada but my job line doesnt fit their immigration criteria so im stuck having said that as much as i get peeved off in uk somedays when out in the wild look around the colours in the forest and think there is no place like home... Our island is beautiful and unique just a shame its shared with lots of gob****es

Sorry to hear about you not fitting in with the immigration criteria.Have you considered hopping aboard the next ship heading here with a load of Tamils from Sri Lanka seeking refugee status?
You're just going about it all wrong:;)

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Always amuses me how many people say they would like to leave...but don't. If you need to re-train, take a pay cut or even a risk, whats stopping you? Thats not a response to a particular post, just curiosity about why people seem to dislike their current lives but decide not to take the necessary steps to get the lives they want...just seems odd to me

Steffen

Forager
Jun 13, 2010
Norway
not a UK resident but i will put forth my opinion anyways.

i would like to move to this place:
USA's gun laws and hunting regulations
Canada's wilderness
the Netherlands cannabis and prostitution laws
and Norways day-to-day life

Highbinder

Jul 11, 2010
Under a tree
Planning a move to Barcelona in the new year. Sick of this weather and sick of the job market in this area. Atleast as a native english and french speaker it'll open more doors once I have my spanish nailed. Gives me the excuse to sell my car and buy a motorbike, too ;)

I will miss how green Scotland gets, and also the cloudscapes, which just do not compare to the mediterranian coasts, but I can always come back and visit..

paulhereford

Mar 15, 2009
Hereford
Never thought I would ever think it let alone say it but yes I would leave the UK and I live in a beautiful part of it. We don't live in a democracy that is just an illusion and we aren't free. I have woken up to the world that we live in.......illegal wars, the powers that be screwing us every which way, a monetary system that is based on perpetual debt designed to crash etc, etc, etc. Our world as it is portrayed to us is just an illusion....I'm waking up to it :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE