worrel thompson oops

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

susi

Nomad
Jul 23, 2008
Finland
Not in the slightest surprising :)

Last time I watched him on TV, he was handling raw chicken, before managing to give his hands a quick wipe on his apron, before preparing a salad.

As a foodies, he should know better. Grrrr.

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
He said henbane instead of fat hen while in live interview. Fat hen is a type of goosefoot, and pretty tasty. It is the type of verbal slip up anyone can make. Wiping raw chicken juice on your apron isn't.

Henbane is also very rare in the wild, and fat hen is common weed, so the chance of anyone been able to find, ID, and then eat henbane without fiirst realising it was poisonous is pretty remote. I believe it has that nasty tomato leaf smell, but a lot stronger.

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Was a mistake for sure, but I didn't like him going on to say about eating ground elder. I don't think someone in his position should be recommending people to go out and eat any umbellifer. Supermarket foragers should not be encouraged to go out and wild food forage without proper tuition.
I didn't hear all of what he said, so apologies if he did make that clear..

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Was a mistake for sure, but I didn't like him going on to say about eating ground elder. I don't think someone in his position should be recommending people to go out and eat any umbellifer. Supermarket foragers should not be encouraged to go out and wild food forage without proper tuition.
I didn't hear all of what he said, so apologies if he did make that clear..

ooo don't talk to me about supermarket foragers:rolleyes: , my local very enormous 24hr tescos has a patch of good king henry growing in one of the flowers beds on the slip road, someone keeps picking them. It is not me as it is a little to close to where all the trucks splutter. I grow my own (perpetual spinach aka sea beet aka beta vulgaris). They have pig nuts, seabuckthorn, rosehips, and fairy ring champignon there as well. Kwiksave had creeping bramble and sowthistle and the rosemary from markone is fabulous.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE