World's worst coke-can stove?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Much better!
BUT - if the epoxy gets hot it fails as a glue - a good push fit is just as good in my experience :)
Beers tastes better than coke but choose your beer can for the contents - not a neat line to guide your cut... you can always draw a line on by getting a block of wood the right size, strapping a felt pen to the top and rotating the can in contact with the pen...

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Beers tastes better than coke but choose your beer can for the contents - not a neat line to guide your cut... you can always draw a line on by getting a block of wood the right size, strapping a felt pen to the top and rotating the can in contact with the pen...

Why bother with a marker pen...?

Just attach a Stanley knife blade to the wood and score round the can until the cut is made. Makes for a much neater and clean cut :)

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Holes for the jets were much too big as well - not very efficient. I find drawing pins are ideal - thumbtacks to our colonial cousins. Liked the bit about using the wife's best sewing scissors though...............

NikolaTesla

Forager
Jan 26, 2012
Uk
It's not very DIY, but I bought the Swedish army alu trangia for 10 quid of military mart with kuska. Excellent buy.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE