World Scout Jamboree Japan 2015

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Lister

Settler
Apr 3, 2012
Runcorn, Cheshire
Just taken part in the Service Team selection for WSJ Japan 2015 and am absolutely buzzing! hopefully i get selected to help deliver the
experience for the scouts that are taking part, should know by next week then starts the challenge of fundraising £2.7k....it's gonna be a hectic few months.

:eek:

greensurfingbear

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I worked in the uk scout associations global village at the chile world jamboree in 1999. Loved it, Great experience close to 30000 scouts from all over the world gathered together.....getting goosebumps just remembering it!

Wasn't as expensive as that though......

Best of luck with it mate, I'm sure it'll be worth it.

Orric

Last edited:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
My nephew is going so my brother is trying frantically to raise the sponsorship

Good luck with the selction

Trencakey

Nomad
Dec 25, 2012
Cornwall
Just taken part in the Service Team selection for WSJ Japan 2015 and am absolutely buzzing! hopefully i get selected to help deliver the
experience for the scouts that are taking part, should know by next week then starts the challenge of fundraising £2.7k....it's gonna be a hectic few months.

:eek:

My wife has just got back from the same thing :)

PeterH

Settler
Oct 29, 2007
Milton Keynes
I was in the Offsite Team for 2007, 3 weeks at "Gilwell Adventure" but the Jamboree fortnight could have been anywhere it definitely did not feel like Essex! Good luck you will never forget it, life changing if you let it be.

greensurfingbear

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I was in the Offsite Team for 2007, 3 weeks at "Gilwell Adventure" but the Jamboree fortnight could have been anywhere it definitely did not feel like Essex! Good luck you will never forget it, life changing if you let it be.

I missed the 2007 jamboree :( annoyingly I was just down the road working on one of farms. Really would have liked to make that one.... A camp for100 years of scouting would have been awesome!

Orric

Settler
Aug 8, 2010
here
so youre going to japan? with a load of kids? with all that nuclear reactor melting into the earths crust/ sea thing going on?

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
I worked in the uk scout associations global village at the chile world jamboree in 1999. Loved it, Great experience close to 30000 scouts from all over the world gathered together.....getting goosebumps just remembering it!

Wasn't as expensive as that though......

Best of luck with it mate, I'm sure it'll be worth it.

Orric

I was there but as a young 'un. :D Was an amazing experience!

Lister

Settler
Apr 3, 2012
Runcorn, Cheshire
Just to update everyone, I don't know what went wrong but i got in :cool: I've not stopped buzzing since getting the news on Friday....i very nearly forgot i had a scout section to open that night :lmao:

As for fundraising ideas I'm hitting a creative barrier, my list consists of bob-a-job round the community and "Shave Shere-Khan on a Coin Carpet"....I'll leave you to ponder that one....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE