world knife and tomahawk throwing championships

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Johnny R

Jun 28, 2015
chesterfield
Been competing in the world knife and tomahawk throwing championships today at the woodend farm complex in Huthwaite Nottinghamshire. The event is being attended by teams from the UK,France,Russia,Italy,Chech Republic,America,Spain and Switzerland. The categories for the competition are precision knife and tomahawk,dual cup,Silhouette and speed throwing.The competition is running all weekend and so far as been pretty much rain free,which has been nice for a change. More throwing tomorrow,can't wait.

DSC00415_zpsavage7zu.jpg~c100

Here's my friend from the NE of England throwing axes at our indigenous games up near the Great Slavey River some years back. He came second!!

Johnny R

Jun 28, 2015
chesterfield
Thanks to everyone for interest and support,the results are in.first place was France,second place was Germany and the UK team came in third. Was really happy with my individual placing of 73rd out of about 130 competitors and was only 15points short of 3rd place in the three metre knife throwing. Had a 14.6 metre tomahawk throw in practice in the long distance event but had to abandon the main event due to the great British summer.
Overall it was a fantastic three days,and the only injuries sustained during three days of flying steel was a scald from a cup of tea and a wasp sting. I would really like to see this sport take off in the UK as it has done in other countries,but it seems there is still seems to be a great phobia around knives in the UK,and as yet the UK team has no female throwers,"COME ON GIRLS". Anyone wishing to get into presission knife throwing should contact John Taylor at K.A.T.T.A UK

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE