Workshops at the Moot.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hi,

all these great workshops being arranged at the moot have been posted on different threads and in different places.

I think it would be good if they could all be posted in one place with all the aditional costs etc. even if there is no decided date/time yet just so we know what is going on.

as I am struggleing to keep track as to what is going on ;) and I would'nt want to miss anything and I'm guessing other people have probably lost track too :)

so if you are running a workshop post below or PM me with details and I will put it up :)

Cheers :You_Rock_

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Current Workshops -

Bush Medicine with sandsnakes - £12.50 per person?

Simple use of UK kitchen herbs
Simple use of UK herbs for poultice application
Simple accupressure

Tracking Workshop with Rhoda - No Charge

Saturday Morning & Afternoon.

Knot Workshop with Ogri the Trog

Wild Meat Preperation with Ogri the Trog - not confirmed.

Photography Workshop with Wayland - No charge, Bring your own camera etc.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

sandsnakes

Life Member
May 22, 2006
West London
I think it would be good if they could all be posted in one place with all the aditional costs etc. even if there is no decided date/time yet just so we know what is going on.

Thanks for deciding to put it together in a logical and rational order :You_Rock_ !

Its wonderful of you to do this for the rest of us:thanks: :red: you is the man!!

Sandsnakes

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Tracking workshops on the Saturday. I'll be running two, one morning and one afternoon if I remember correctly. No charge for my workshops. :)

Oh b****, that's when I'm booked for the flint knapping with the Lords. Looks like I'll have to miss it out :(

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
I'm hoping to do some knotwork sessions, basic intros for setting up a tarp etc. Not looking to take too long so newcomers can have practice time and return again should they need pointers.
Also, if we can source enough rabbits, I'll repeat the "Wild Meat Preparation Workshop" I did last year, but there aren't nearly enough around me at the moment (recovering from an extended bout of myximatosis), so its looking doubtfull just now.
Other than that, I'll lend a hand wherever it is needed.

ATB

Ogri the trog

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I may be able to get some rabbits Ogri, I'll speak to The Ratbag and see if we could get up on his permission and bring half a dozen or so. What sort of state would you want me to bring them in? Just empty the bladders or just take the guts out and leave the plucks in?

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
There is a timetable / programme. It is being added to and altered as things are arranged right up until the Moot.
The basics, the booked workshops, the group get togethers like the Hangi, and the safety talks are framed in, but I believe the final version will be available when folks arrive on site.

cheers,
Toddy

Cobweb

Native
Aug 30, 2007
South Shropshire
I'm really interested in basketry if anyone is willing to teach me, I've tried learning from books and online sources but I'm a practical hands-on kinda girl and I would really love it if someone was willing to show me the basics :D

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
here's most of what's going on, things are still changing due to a number of circumstances but this will give you all a good idea of what's going on.

Remember that there's usually quite a few impromptu workshops and we'll also do our best to accommodate requests when were there at the Moot.

Flintknapping
knife forging Demo
Hand Drill Workshop
woodland wild food walk
Heath & scrubland wildfood walk
Tracking
wild food walk
sharpening Workshop
Chainsaw Demo
Blanket coat making
Kids activites
Story telling
Damp Firelighting workshop
Field & pasture wildfood walk
Family Group Bowdrill
Trapping
Bow Drill Workshop
sustainable wildfood talk + Q&A
Natural Medicine
Axe workshops
wildfood cooking
Food prep (whatever we get hold of)
Hangi /
Food/Landscape advanced
Knots
Open hangi eat and mingle!
photography
Cold Weather talk
Kids carving
Spoon carving
Legal steel traps Demo
Various stuff from Mors
Bead making
Leatherwork

The only workshops that we're officially taking names for is the flintknapping, the rest of the workshops will be first come first served unless the person organising the workshop arranges otherwise.

The aim is to have at least 4 workshops running at any one time, at times there's likely to be more than this. There's plenty going on and there's lots of opportunity to do arrange for help with a personal interest or your own thing as well. Make sure you relax and enjoy yourself and keep in mind that if you do miss something you're likely to be able to catch up with it.

Lots of people are giving up their time to come and teach, it's a fantastic range of people from many walks of life and it's going to be a brilliant event.

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
here's most of what's going on, things are still changing due to a number of circumstances but this will give you all a good idea of what's going on.

Remember that there's usually quite a few impromptu workshops and we'll also do our best to accommodate requests when were there at the Moot.

Flintknapping
knife forging Demo
Hand Drill Workshop
woodland wild food walk
Tracking
wild food walk
sharpening Workshop
Chainsaw Demo
Blanket coat making
Kids activites
Story telling
Family Group Bowdrill
Trapping
Bow Drill Workshop
Natural Medicine
Axe workshops
wildfood cooking
Hangi /
Food/Landscape advanced
Knots
photography
Cold Weather talk
Kids carving
Spoon carving
Legal steel traps Demo
Various stuff from Mors
Bead making
Leatherwork

The only workshops that we're officially taking names for is the flintknapping, the rest of the workshops will be first come first served unless the person organising the workshop arranges otherwise.

The aim is to have at least 4 workshops running at any one time, at times there's likely to be more than this. There's plenty going on and there's lots of opportunity to do arrange for help with a personal interest or your own thing as well. Make sure you relax and enjoy yourself and keep in mind that if you do miss something you're likely to be able to catch up with it.

Lots of people are giving up their time to come and teach, it's a fantastic range of people from many walks of life and it's going to be a brilliant event.
I want to do it all but I'm not going to fit all that in just five days , not even if I don't sleep eat or waste time going to the toilet, :D

sandsnakes

Life Member
May 22, 2006
West London
Tony has negociated you all a hefty discount.. £5 for Natural medicine course and the manual, now about 60 pages longg, at cost!

Dont all rush at once!:lmao:

Sandsnakes

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Don't worry, I'm there for the duration, I'm sure we could fit in a walk and I can give you a few pointers! :)

Thanks Rhoda, you're a star :) that would be really appreciated if you could find time for that. And I bet there will be a few others wanting to join in once they read these posts :D

sandsnakes

Life Member
May 22, 2006
West London
Originally Posted by Tony

Flintknapping
knife forging Demo
Hand Drill Workshop
woodland wild food walk
Tracking
wild food walk
sharpening Workshop
Chainsaw Demo
Blanket coat making
Kids activites
Story telling
Family Group Bowdrill
Trapping
Bow Drill Workshop
Natural Medicine for Women. Carla
Bushcraft Medicine for all. Sandsnakes run at cost.
Axe workshops
wildfood cooking
Hangi /
Food/Landscape advanced
Knots
photography
Cold Weather talk
Kids carving
Spoon carving
Legal steel traps Demo
Various stuff from Mors
Bead making
Leatherwork

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE