Working the doors..

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jonbodthethird

Settler
Sep 5, 2013
Kettering/Stilton
Haven't done it in ages... Remembered how much I actually hate it. Got roped in to cover a mate who owns a door... Boredom!

jezu5ava.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
An evening dealing with drunks without a drop your self. Not much fun.
Few family members did the same an age back. Thankless task it is too.

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
Done it for about 25 years straight and retired about 3 years ago ,Now i know what i was missing all those years ! sitting with the feet up watching X Factor,Dancing on ice,and having a wee curry and a beer lol. Do i miss it ? Miss the hilarity with the troops but nothing else .Certainly dont miss the full moons ,just read a post on FB from one of my old buddies who is still at it he said What a night every W_ _ _ _ _ in the town must be out to play haha. Makes me even more glad i,m sitting at home and away out of harms way hearing these comments every Sat/Sun morning via FB, It is got to be the most thankless job in the country period!!!

Last edited:

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
Did it for 12 years, like Gill I miss the banter but there are easier ways of making money. I prefer the quiet life these days.

Liam

Jun 13, 2010
North Wales
I sort of miss it....sometimes. I did 7 years on the doors, both before and after the SIA licence came in. I was taught the job by old school bouncers, but by the end of my time it was just numpties and kitkats left doing the work.

Do Not Demand What You Cannot Take By Force

Jonbodthethird

Settler
Sep 5, 2013
Kettering/Stilton
Done it for about 25 years straight and retired about 3 years ago ,Now i know what i was missing all those years ! sitting with the feet up watching X Factor,Dancing on ice,and having a wee curry and a beer lol. Do i miss it ? Miss the hilarity with the troops but nothing else .Certainly dont miss the full moons ,just read a post on FB from one of my old buddies who is still at it he said What a night every W_ _ _ _ _ in the town must be out to play haha. Makes me even more glad i,m sitting at home and away out of harms way hearing these comments every Sat/Sun morning via FB, It is got to be the most thankless job in the country period!!!

Definitely agree with you about full moons. The special people seem to come out of the woodwork then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
I spent 10 years on the doors but gave it up before my youngest was born , she will be 16 this year that makes me feel old .
The good times outweighed the bad met and worked with some real characters , missed it for a while then started working all round the country building pubs and clubs . Missed it for a while but that soon wore of .

good luck and stay safe to anyone working security whether your local or your country ..

Craig .........

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
yeh know what you all mean started doing it in my teens taught by old school doorman did it on and off till i was fifty, then the missus put a stop to it she had heard about the guns so that was that, missed it for a while having a laugh at the state on some of them ,few drinks and they want to take on the world ,happy days for you guys still out there doing what is a hard job be safe regards dave

brambles

Settler
Apr 26, 2012
Aberdeenshire
I worked on doors throughout university and for the 2 years of my traineeship, all pre SIA and had some fantastic times and made some of my best and oldest friends whilst doing so. I still tell young solicitors that the experience of having to talk to all sorts in all types of conditions is very good training for court work!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE