Woods 3-7-2013

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Few pics from a trip out Rockmonkey, Hugo & I made last week

Our spot for the day and sit hammocks set up and a brew on the go

DSCN9142.jpg

DSCN9146.jpg

When we go for a bimble we always like to practice something skills wise, be that identifying wild edibles, wild life observation and tracking, carving (what we do most), or on this trip, we decided that as it had been raining the night before, we would task ourselves with making a bow drill set from scratch and then make an ember with said set, the only thing we allowed ourselves to use that wasn't found in the woods, was the cordage for the bow.

Hugo & RM fashioning their sets from Hazel

DSCN9150.jpg

and then going for it (apols for the fuzzy photo)

DSCN9153.jpg

of course it goes without saying that i made a set too, we all got a good amount of smoke, but only one of us (me) got an ember, although, i did struggle in the damp woods, the high humidity probably didnt help any of us too much either

DSCN9160.jpg

nobody gave up though

DSCN9170.jpg

so after we knackered ourselves, it was time for a brew or three and then a slow walk back to the cars with a quick snack on the wild strawberries as we went down the hill

DSCN9175.jpg

Really enjoyable day, roll on the next one.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE