Woodlore's Arctic Experience with Lars Falt & Ray Mears

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Thanks Cliff.
Its a great environment to visit.

Looks like they all had fun too.

mayfly

Life Member
May 25, 2005
Switzerland
Pretty silly comparison, the courses are not like for like. Just because you clearly think it's not good value, no real need to knock it is there?

Pics are brilliant, enjoyed the clip!

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
Pretty silly comparison, the courses are not like for like. Just because you clearly think it's not good value, no real need to knock it is there?

Yep, agree with you there, no comparison, done a few of the Mears courses as well as the BCUK Arctic trip last year, and although good fun, you are, as the guys at BC Expeditions tell you, doing it on a no frills budget manner, where as, with woodlore, you are getting the best of everything, from instruction, to hanging and learing with 2 of the worlds foremost experts in bushcraft and arctic skills.....If i had the money i know which one id go for.....

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
Read it again guys before trying to pick a fight.

Ok Wayland, i have given it my deepest concentration and read it again, BUT, What do you mean by "NOT BAD FOR ABOUT £3000"

£3000 For a spooning session in the deepest darkest Arctic with uncle Ray and uncle Lars, surely a bargain at that price :lmao:

And as for trying to pick a fight, come on Wayland, i am Scottish after all, its in my nature.:swordfigh:cussing::banghead::BlueTeamE

The BCUK course was good fun, but at the time, if im honest, was a bit over crowded, which i can understand, cause woody and the guys were trying to give us the experience of the Arctic for a bargain price, i have noticed that they have cut the numbers and put the price up slightly as well as the customers having to pay for their own food, which is, lets be honest still a great bargain at that price. But the thought of learning off people like Lars and Ray for a full week in a professional expedition environment would be a dream come true for me.

That little photo slideshow really makes it tempting to sell the cat/dog and anything else that isnt nailed down and just go for it, looked great fun as it was for the guys on the first Arctic BCUK trip, but that was mainly down to having Chris the Cat along with us, who was a 5 star comedy act the whole week as well as a really nice genuine guy....

Gailainne

Life Member
Looked straight out of one of RM's TV series didn't it, brilliant stuff, I think if I was planning another Arctic trip, that one would be given serious consideration. I really enjoyed Woody's course, as well as the winter weiss course I did with Preben, but like Colin says, a week learning from Lars and Ray, who wouldn't if they had the opportunity.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
:rolleyes: Pick a fight? Mate, you're paranoid.
Chris

Where exactly did I say that?

I believe what I said was:

Not bad for about £3000

Ok Wayland, i have given it my deepest concentration and read it again, BUT, What do you mean by "NOT BAD FOR ABOUT £3000" < Snip

What I meant was "Not bad for £3000" (Note the lack of capitals)

In case something there is not clear I'll say exactly what I mean, Not bad for £3000.

That is not "Fantastic" nor is is "Lousy" but "Not bad."

It is neither "Cheap" nor "Expensive" but "Not Bad."

Is that a little clearer now?

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I loved every minute of it and I really hate the cold. They keep you busy, engaged and learning for every minute you are awake. I was lucky enough to be on one with LF and RM, but I wouldn't hesitate to encourage anybody who is sitting on the fence to make that jump and do it. I spent every night sleeping outside and didn't have one moment of sleeplessnes or lack of comfort. Not sure I would have believed that before the event. My white patch is one of my most treasured possessions on a par with my military hons easily.

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
Where exactly did I say that?

I believe what I said was:

What I meant was "Not bad for £3000" (Note the lack of capitals)

In case something there is not clear I'll say exactly what I mean, Not bad for £3000.

That is not "Fantastic" nor is is "Lousy" but "Not bad."

It is neither "Cheap" nor "Expensive" but "Not Bad."

Is that a little clearer now?

No probs mate, its so easy to read someone else post and take it in the wrong way, but to be fair to me, im Scottish and English is a bit hard for me to understand:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE