woodlore knife.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Big Si

Dec 27, 2005
nottinghamshire
I'm after an Allan Wood Woodlore knife, can be used but not abused. Would like it to have box and papers. Will also consider other makes of Woodlore knife as well. Cash waiting for the right Knives.
Thanks
Si

Silverback 1

Native
Jun 27, 2009
WEST YORKSHIRE

Big Si

Dec 27, 2005
nottinghamshire
I suppose SWC has to make a living but not from me at that price. £250 - £500 maybe but it must have both sheaths and have never been used with box papers etc. I suppose the holy grail knife would be the bone handled instructors knife But that would be probably be £1000 plus.
This chap here seems to have a better grip on reality! http://customknife.co.uk/bushcraft/

Si

Last edited:

GHex

Tenderfoot
Aug 22, 2013
Cardiff
It might be worth getting in touch with Alan Wood. He no longer makes Woodlores for Ray Mears but sometimes makes a Woodlore 'type' knife without the Ray Mears brand. I got one from him earlier in the year. Sometimes he has blades already cut so you would get towards the front of his waiting list and it would cost a lot less than £675. Although you might need to send him a couple of emails.

Big Si

Dec 27, 2005
nottinghamshire
The reason I'm after one is I've been left a small legacy and wanted to buy some thing that I could remember the person by. I have a cracking bush craft knife made by Mark Hill that will do all the cutting and more than I'll ever want. Just thought a Woodlore would be a nice testament to the person. Maybe I'm letting sentiment get the better of me?

Si

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
The reason I'm after one is I've been left a small legacy and wanted to buy some thing that I could remember the person by. I have a cracking bush craft knife made by Mark Hill that will do all the cutting and more than I'll ever want. Just thought a Woodlore would be a nice testament to the person. Maybe I'm letting sentiment get the better of me?

Si

If I was the person you were trying to remember (so to speak) I think I'd prefer you buy something you use everyday than leave in a box on a shelf.... Something that gets well worn, used and ends up with a story to tell.

Last edited:

Big Si

Dec 27, 2005
nottinghamshire
Some times though don't you have possession that loves you back. When I had my bike GPZ600R I would just go out to the garage and look at it, especially if I'd had a bad day at work, just looking at it would make me smile and cheer me up, after that life didn't seem that bad. After some of my friends had had accidents it didn't make me smile as much. In the end I sold it. I must say this is a bit deep for a wanted add! And really I think I may use it, but not all the time.

Si

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Some times though don't you have possession that loves you back. When I had my bike GPZ600R I would just go out to the garage and look at it, especially if I'd had a bad day at work, just looking at it would make me smile and cheer me up, after that life didn't seem that bad. After some of my friends had had accidents it didn't make me smile as much. In the end I sold it. I must say this is a bit deep for a wanted add! And really I think I may use it, but not all the time.

Si

I do - but most of those things are because of the history attached to them, they're not worth much to anyone other than me (my first fishing rod - a fibreglass spinner from Woolworths for example). Anyhoo - sorry for derailing your wanted ad!

Griffo32

Apr 6, 2010
Southampton
It might be worth getting in touch with Alan Wood. He no longer makes Woodlores for Ray Mears but sometimes makes a Woodlore 'type' knife without the Ray Mears brand. I got one from him earlier in the year. Sometimes he has blades already cut so you would get towards the front of his waiting list and it would cost a lot less than £675. Although you might need to send him a couple of emails.

Does that hat mean if you are on the waiting list you will no longer get the option to get a wood lore? I got an email about six months ago saying I would have mine within a year!

eraaij

Settler
Feb 18, 2004
Arnhem
I have a practically unused Ray Mears SWC in Iroko that may go. Send me a PM if you're interested. - no box.

Best,
-Emile

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE