Woodlore clone black and bone

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Pignut

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
Here is my latest,

It is a woodlore style blade, blanked out and heat treated by me, edge put on by shinken.

The forge scale has been left on the blade, for some nice contrast, though it will grey down with time.

The handle,by me, is camel bone, this has been polished up to 2500grit (any thought in finifhing it)

This picture was before polishing and is not in good focus. Can.post more if anyone is interested

467d986b0a34f8eb4782bd61660e6856.jpg

Shinken

Native
Nov 4, 2005
cambs
Just looking at it again i think you did a really nice job on the shape, and the scales look just about the right thickness. Do you have a belt sander with a disc sander on it?

Pignut

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
Just looking at it again i think you did a really nice job on the shape, and the scales look just about the right thickness. Do you have a belt sander with a disc sander on it?

Cheers.

Yes i do?

This was done on a drum sander and by hand, if that helps

Shinken

Native
Nov 4, 2005
cambs
Just a little tip, if you set a slight angle on the table of the disk sander you can use that to shape the front, you can tape the two scales together and sand until it just meets the bottom of the other then if you want a slight curve you can get them the same. Just makes that part easier thats all

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE