Woodlands that allow the practice of Bushcraft

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Alex101

Dec 8, 2011
Suffolk
Hi All,

Does anyone know of any woodlands/forests in Suffolk that, with permission, allow the practice of bushcraft to include making fires?

Thanks
Alex

Rumcelt

Forager
Aug 14, 2010
Ipswich Suffolk UK
Hi Boys

I am in Suffolk just near Ipswich. I have always though it is best to ask for forgiveness than it is permission, if know what I mean :)

Regards
Rum

watatoad

Banned
Nov 27, 2011
Suffolk England
Rumcelt
I am pretty new to the site so I cannot send or receive pm but I like the way you think I know a good few guys who venture out into the wilds quite a bit even this time of the year.

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
brockwell woods allow bushey stuff, as long as you respect the woods and dont cut live trees down it quite good...

its £8 a night but its in Newcastle, google brockwell woods, or have a look on the site form the same....:):):):)

Grom

Dec 18, 2011
Ipswich
Ello folks, new here but looking to get into wild camping and bushcraft and such, and im also in Suffolk (Ipswich).

Going to hopefully be checking out tunstall and rendlesham a bit this week if i can get a lift up there, Just got myself Gransfors Bruks, and a folding saw and want to try make myself a shelter!

If theres any groups on facebook or here for others around the suffolk area please point me in the right direction!

Rumcelt

Forager
Aug 14, 2010
Ipswich Suffolk UK
Hi all

I was going out and about Sat to Sunday, but thought better of it because of the amount of rain we have had. Now it starring to dry out because temp is dropping but I dont have the time, this known as sods law lol.

Regards
Rum

watatoad

Banned
Nov 27, 2011
Suffolk England
Hi Grom,

There are several of us in Suffolk Rumcelt came up with the idea of perhaps getting a few of us together and I am willing to try to take this forward so any interested please contact me.

Cheers

Rumcelt

Forager
Aug 14, 2010
Ipswich Suffolk UK
Hi all

I put a thread up a some time back, I had 1 or 2 responses. But it looks like there are a few more now so we can see if we can give it a go, if folks want to?

Count me in.

Regards
Rum

Grom

Dec 18, 2011
Ipswich
Yeah sounds interesting for sure! Do it! If by a thread on here or a group on facebook or something, alls good.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE