Woodland Edge Stove

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

nobby

Nomad
Jun 26, 2005
English Midlands
On the second group buy in Feb 2007 I bought one of these stoves and later added the legs.
It was the same month that I had major stomach surgery and since then I haven't eaten freshly cooked food. I no longer like the texture or taste of much of what I used to eat. In fact, I don't enjoy food at all. I eat because I have to and I live on oats, cheese, cream crackers, Brazil and cashew nuts, fruit, Uncle Ron's curried vegetable patties, vitamin tablets, latte and cake. They all go down easily and at the most only need warming. I thought I would be moving back to normal eating but three years on it hasn't happened. It's not a varied diet but I have lost 40kg and am free of the diabetes that was making my life very unpleasant. So I don't moan, but I don't use my Woodland Edge stove at all and it has only been fired up once. It does work very well and I remember being very surprised just how much the little chimney aided the draw. The maximum heat I need is to boil 300ml of water for coffee and this stove is over the top for that.
I am now a lightweight cycle camper rather than a bushcrafter (cycling helps compensate for the cake), I have to pass by the roadkill that I used to eat, and either meths or my homemade woodgas burner do for boiling up on.
I think this stove is probably worth forty quid plus postage. This is, however, a swap shop but I'm not sure that I need anything because I have spent the last two and a half years refining my lightweight kit.

I have lost the potstand/windshield from my mini Trangia; a one pint Kelly Kettle might have some appeal; or a very good quality down filled four season (being fat free/fatless I sleep very cold) sleeping bag would be good. Cash adjustments could be made.

Anybody interested?

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE