Wood Harvesting with Hand Tools

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

leon-1

Well, when I got back from the Bushmoot I had an edition to my kit, Mors had given me an axe head (naturally I am a very happy man).

Mors had also mentioned that you should always be one axe handle ahead, effectivley meaning that either you carry a spare or you make one yourself in the field. Now I like this concept, but having read about making axe handles a few years back I cannot for the life of me find in which book it was written. So I had a bit of a search on the net and came up with this and thought that it may have been of interest to others:)

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Great link. I've added it to my favourites for future perusal. :You_Rock_

leon-1

According to what I have been reading, all of the published works on the site can be downloaded as a CD-Rom, not really designed for Bushcraft, but there is some exceptional reading in there.

It is also worth looking at some of the books which are not on the list but are mentioned as other publications from this or that group.

moduser

Life Member
May 9, 2005
Farnborough, Hampshire
Hi Leon,

Great resource, being into Permacultrure this is great.

Nice find. Wind power, biogas, waterwheels, alternative building materials, food storage and processing, lots of interesting health papers from WHO. The list goes on.

:You_Rock_

David

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE