Wood burner in small tent

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bushcraftsman

Native
Apr 12, 2008
Derbyshire
Hi there,

Just quick question. How dangerous would it be to put a small ammo can woodstove in my polish army lavuu? I'm thinking of having the stove situated at the entrance and chimney poking out the door rather than cutting any holes into the lavuu. What are the dangers regarding fumes etc? Like carbon monoxide poisoning?

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Those poncho tents are very small, use one at your own risk and be very very careful, in my humble opinion they are an accident just waiting to happen.

Hi all,
Just joined the forum and hate to jump in with the 'know it all' line but woodburning stoves are my business and I'd hate to read about you in the news!

Fire risk is the obvious thing but carbon monoxide poisoning is what'll kill you. You're burning carbon in a restricted oxygen box which makes CO in massive quantities so if you don't flue it directly to the outside world and make sure it doesn't leak into the tent you'll just fall asleep.

But having said that, like everything else in this safety driven world if you KNOW the principal dangers then you can take steps to avoid them.
I've used a stove in a yurt type tent so the difference is just a matter of scale I guess.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE