Wiping your backside

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

scouser4life

Tenderfoot
Oct 6, 2006
liverpool
I have just read this in another forum in this community. It was like what to use in the winter to wipe? Well this sparked my imagination. Why do people need to wipe their backsides, but no other animals to my knowledge needs do?

scoops_uk

Nomad
Feb 6, 2005
Jurassic Coast
Well if we're going to go there, we might as well go there...

I have noticed when curling one down in the woods that I seem to be cleaner than when rolling one out at home.

I reckon getting into a good squat gets the cheeks further apart and reduces smearing compared with the compressed cheeks effect of the average seat.

Those dodgy french loos where you squat with your feet nicely apart and your rear a few inches off the ground seem to actually use the best and probably most natural position.

If you get a real good squat you may not need to wipe at all - doesn't touch the sides - although you may need to lift up a little if it's a good 'un.

Can I stop now ?

Scoops (suddenly I want a different forum name :D )

themac

Forager
Jan 6, 2006
Milton Keynes
With the weight of toilet paper just take a little bag along, most I am ever out for is 3-4 days and I'll sometimes take a generic diarrhea tablet with me to curb the need!

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
tesco actually make a box of toilet paper rather than a roll.
it fits nicely in a ziplock bag. i usually pack a box in my rucksack.

Jodie

Native
Aug 25, 2006
London
www.google.co.uk
This thread reminded me of Alan Davies on QI the other night doing an
impression of a 'puppy which features in a loo roll commercial' being
used as loo roll. It was quite amusing when he mimed pulling out
another (barking) puppy from the loo roll dispenser.

Anyway, Scoop's post on the differences between crimping one out
at home versus outside sounded pretty plausible. I'd add differences of
diet and bottomnal (yes I made it up) physiology to explain why dogs don't
and people do :)

Quite possibly dogs would if they could though.

Simon E

Nomad
Aug 18, 2006
3rd Planet from the sun
Well, it depends on the consistency of the poo and how fast it came out. But basically, the modern toilet seat forces your cheeks together so that it makes more of a mess. If you can get into a position that allows you to spread your cheeks are far apart as possible and you can force it out rapidly, there should be little if any need for wiping.

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
to be fair, it's something that needs to be done outside sometimes.
yes, it's unplesant, but it is necessary. it's a perfectly valid topic of discussion.
as long as we avoid "toilet humour" ;)

wanderinstar

On a new journey
Jun 14, 2005
Yorkshire/Lancs Border
;) Hey come on Graham. Sometimes I do,shall we say "other things" alfresco. But I wouldnt expect to discuss that on here. Might make an interesting thread, not just my comments but hopefully other peoples, but I wouldn't even dream of it. :)

Bushman_Brett

Oct 18, 2006
cannock chase
depends on diet and cheek spreadage, anyone with a long haired dog or cat will know sometimes you have to wipe it for them if they ate something dodgy the night before.

Jodie

Native
Aug 25, 2006
London
www.google.co.uk
wanderinstar said:
;) Hey come on Graham. Sometimes I do,shall we say "other things" alfresco. But I wouldnt expect to discuss that on here. Might make an interesting thread, not just my comments but hopefully other peoples, but I wouldn't even dream of it. :)

Yeeeesss... but some functions are more essential than others for a
comfortable stay outside and are therefore appropriate for consideration
here, perhaps? :)

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
scouser4life said:
well think about it why do people need to wipe there bottom but a dog doesnt for instance?

Is this a windup?

I tell you what, taking a dump in the outdoors is something that should be dealt with, but it should be dealt with with at least some pretence of dignity. The above question doesnt deserve forum space.

If you want to post a more sensible question on the subject, feel free, but please dont waste our time with this stupidity. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE