Winter Bushcraft Activities?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Apr 25, 2012
Wolverhampton
Hi Guys! :)

I am heading up to Derby on the 26th with bushcraftsman to met another friend on youtube.

So basically I just looking for some ideas of like activities that we could do together, like things to make because obviously we cannot forage or make a shelter with foliage, because of the season.

If anyone has any good ideas I'd be very grateful :)

Thanks people!
Brian.

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
Practise friction firelighting, hunt with a catapult, do some winter tree ID. The possibilities are endless. :)

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
I think it is traditional to carve a spoon. :)

More practically, try building a proper fireplace - pot hangers and so on. Or construct yourself a seat so you can be comfortable around the fire.

Identifying trees by bark is useful, as Niels says, or you can concentrate on learning your conifers. You might also try a forage, just to see what you find - it can be surprising.

Do remember that days are still short, so light ends quite quickly. You might find that getting set up properly and gathering wood etc is all you have time for before you end up gathered around the fire.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Remember three times the firewood you think you will need,,, probably wont be enough :)
Candles from birch, resin, recycled wax etc are good when its dark early and have a "longest burn" competition. :)
Also nice to have a wonder in the dark late on if you are not too tired. I find the scope of your head torch focuses your attention on flora.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE