Winter 2011/2012

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
:cool:
:D

I knew it was November and the coldest one in nearly 20 years but I didn't mind it being later on in the month.
Hope the Missus is recovered and your son's thriving :D

I bought a snow shovel in the Spring.........there were none to be found when we needed it, but I reckoned it could sit in the shed for as long as it liked, just so I had it if the snow came down like that again :rolleyes:
Son1 bought us all those rubbery spikey, springy, sole grip things and they've never been used yet either, but they'll not go amiss :approve:

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/climate/uk/2010/november.html

cheers,
Toddy

Last edited:

nuggets

Native
Jan 31, 2010
england
The weather (back in september!! )was forecast for snow in the UK for the end of october !!!!!!! Now they are saying october was one of the warmest on record -and november is heading the same way !!!! So where is all this snow that was forcasted ???

Martti

Mar 12, 2011
Finland
-12°C here last night and first snow was here this morning :) A fun commute :)

Lucky you, can you guess from this map where I live and how much snow we have? ;)
www.fmi.fi
finlandsnowdepthobserva.png

Dogoak

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2009
Cairngorms
Well it looks like winter has started to arrive here, first snow in the garden NOW! The hills above us had a dusting this morning but we've now got big flakes falling :)

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
The sky here in Banchory is at times, "heavy" with the look of snow, but nothing but freezing cold rain so far. Looking forward to a drive up to Coylumbridge on Monday for a couple of nights! Hoping to get out in the tent /hammock soon :)

Martti

Mar 12, 2011
Finland
Today was the warmest day in December in Helsinki after observations started in city's meteorological observatory in 1844. Temperature rose today to 9,9°C or 50°F. The highest temperature measured in Finland in December was 10,8 C at Salo in 2006. Guess what, snow is still absent in half of Finland! The southern part of the country is some degrees above the zero, while the northern part of the country have temperatures around minus twenty degrees celsius.

Last edited:

RonW

Native
Nov 29, 2010
Dalarna Sweden
Winter is not present here either.....
We had some snow, but it's all gone. Had day temperatures of 10+ too. felt like spring!! We did have a serious storm the last 2 days, though...

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
I have a max/min thermometer set up in a Chilterns wood, chilly spot about 600ft above sea level. I checked it today and the lowest temperature recorded over the last six months is -1.5c. Today it was 9c in the early morning. I can't remember a warmer last six months of the year.

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
Winter has finally made a timid appearence here, with light night frosts & day time temperatures finally in single figures............................but the.crocuses are up & I'm still finding ticks on the dogs (normally we are tick free from the begining of November to the end of march) ..................................forecast doesn't look good though, 15 °C expected this weekend & very mild next week.

mbiraman

Tenderfoot
Oct 17, 2011
West Kootenays,BC
We are running about 5-6 degrees c above normal. Over the last couple of days we have had a foot of wet snow and warm temps making everything a mess on the roads and in the bush. ,Avalanche warning all over the west coast and southern interior.

Martti

Mar 12, 2011
Finland
Despite the situation earlier this winter, the weather is now returning to "normal" with -5 to -10 degrees celsius temperatures in most of Finland predicted for the next week. The highest snow depths I could find are at Levi ski resort at Kittilä (61 cm) and at Puolanka (63 cm).

RonW

Native
Nov 29, 2010
Dalarna Sweden
ohh man....
Frost, thaw, snow, rain, storm.... what the **** is going on??
We had -12 last night, 10cm of snow today... it's thawing now and we'll have rain tomorrow.....

forestwalker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Around 0 C but 30 cm of snow, and more on the way. But Saturday evening the crappy thermometer on my backpack said -30 C, I was fairly snug in my sleeping bag, but it was a pain keeping the foam pad and reindeer skin centered the hammock (no more hamocking untll sping, the experiments proved what I suspected).

Martti

Mar 12, 2011
Finland
We are living in interesting times, I must say. It has been snowing for the past two weeks in Southern Finland and the snow load has increased from mere centimeters to 45 centimeters or about 18 inches just in few days. The predictions promise anything from -5° to -20°C for the upcoming weeks. I think I can now start to call this a winter instead of fall with little snow. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE