Windproof/Showerproof Smock

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Im really liking the look of the Paramo smock, I might pop into a store in the local town which appears to have them in. Just to see what they are like and if the size is fine. trouble is they have it only in Blue or Red......sorry Cobalt or Chilli.... :)

Found it cheaper here.
http://www.themountainfactor.com/shop/product.php?xProd=9748&xSec=2586

Bowland - I have the Arktis Antarctic Shirt and can highly reccomend it and its surprising how warm it is despite it feeling thin. Got a few things from them and happy with their products.

Bowlander

Nov 28, 2011
Forest of Bowland
Im really liking the look of the Paramo smock, I might pop into a store in the local town which appears to have them in. Just to see what they are like and if the size is fine. trouble is they have it only in Blue or Red......sorry Cobalt or Chilli.... :)

Found it cheaper here.
http://www.themountainfactor.com/shop/product.php?xProd=9748&xSec=2586

Bowland - I have the Arktis Antarctic Shirt and can highly reccomend it and its surprising how warm it is despite it feeling thin. Got a few things from them and happy with their products.

Try the Paramo seconds shop on fleabay - they have some good offers, but in limited sizes. I got my Halcon from Whalley Warm and Dry when they had an event on - £30 off. Castleberg Sports in Settle is a good bet as well.

The Arktis Mammoth I have just isn't finished to the same standard as the Buffalo, the lack of storm flaps on the main zips results in chilly draughts. The waist adjustment strap seems to scrunch up the front rather than giving a snug feeling you get with a buff. The rest of the Arktis (and Country covers) range looks functional, but not the most tailored garments around.

marcelxl

Settler
May 2, 2010
Kamloops, B.C.
I have just got the Bergans Nordmarka Smock.

Not had it long enough or had it tested to give it a thorough endorsement but I love it. Seems very well made & certainly looks the business!

edelweiss

Sep 27, 2011
Austria

mark

Forager
Dec 26, 2007
Stirlingshire
I've got 2 Fuera windproof smocks, one for the hill and a green one for bushcraft. They are one of my most worn pieces of clothing. I proof them with nickwax - only makes them showerproof. I'm not sure how it they would stand up to sparks from a fire though. Perfect size to throw in a bag and weighs next to nothing.

garethw

Settler
That trakker sweatshirt looks good, bought a Arktis Mammoth the other year and was very disappointed so will look at this when my Buffalo dies.

I've got one of these and they are nicely made and at a very attractive price from Climax Tackle. The hood is not very good, so I just take it off... not a big hood fan anyway. They are pretty waterproof, very warm and comfortable.

They are a bit awkward to put on as the pile lining tends to grip any top you have under it... like most of these type garments are meant to be worn next to the skin or say, a t shirt.

I'd suggest getting a size larger than you'd normally wear as they are quite close fitting.

Good piece of kit though

cheers
Gareth

garethw

Settler
Cheers Gareth, at that price I'll definitely be giving one a try. I do like hoods though, whats the problem with the Trakker hood?
I don't mind hoods that are sewn on right round or form part of the garment .. like a hoody sweat shirt...
This one has the hood zipped on by a zip that is about 20cms long. It is a good quality hood, lined and with a wire peak, thus quite heavy. When not in use it hangs down your back a long way, from the base of the neck say... and is not attached at all at the sides... this is why I unzip it.

Otherwise a very nice smock.. well worth the money Climax is asking. As I said though watch the sizing... I saw an angler with one and he gave me the tip of getting a larger size. Best to try it on though.

cheers
Gareth

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE