Wild Jaguar in Arizona!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
www.care2.com/greenliving/jaguar-spotted-in-arizona.html

The last time I saw reports of Jaguars in Arizona was back in the 1960s. Back then Marlin Perkins and Jim Fowler would film them for Mutual of Omaha's tv series, Wild Kingdom. They were thought to be crossing into Arizona from Mexico. Apparently that's the thought s now that they've returned.

Last edited:

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
I think this Jaguar is pretty wild too.....

literal-jaguar.jpg

I'll get me coat

wizard

Nomad
Jan 13, 2006
USA
Yep we have some jaguars in southern Arizona. I've not seen one but there are reports of them. It amazed me how many people are out in the wilderness areas near the Mexican border. Around Ft. Huachuca there are high mountains, pine forests and such, full of people camping out. They see Jaguars occasionally.

They also put 50 grey wolves in the Blue Mountains area in N.E. Arizona. I've been up there but did not see any wolves.

What's the latest news on the large, black cat in the UK? Have not heard any news about them lately.

wizard

Nomad
Jan 13, 2006
USA
Not I. I have heard they are way south, near the border areas, like the Jaguars. I never get down that way anymore. We used to do some training in southern Arizona when I was in the military reserves but I left in 1997. I've not been back.

I see coyotes on my city street, usually very early in the morning when I go out for exercise. We've had more bear problems in Arizona the past few years. Partly from human encroachment and partly because of drought in the bears habitat. We had the first known bear attack death of a lady walking her small dog in 2012. That was in a northern, higher altitude area that had been more recently developed.

About all the wild beasts I have seen recently has been large Mule Deer, Javelina (wild peccary), Elk, Antelope and the usual coyotes. Plenty of birds and jackrabbits. I don't hunt, so I seldom go looking for animals. If I see them it is somewhat an accident.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE