Wild Food Experts In And Around Glasgow

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
a long shot but...

...I'm about to start a degree course in Glasgow with a heavy nutrition element. I was thinking that it might be fun to show a different and more novel side of food by having a look at foraging and some of the wild foods. Possibly doing some sort of 'compare and contrast' with the modern day equivalents.

Does anybody know of of a wild food expert in - or within an hour's drive of - Glasgow who may be willing to help me out? I'm assuming I would be able to squeeze some cash out of the department so I don't expect we'd be looking for 'something-for-nothing'.

Jul 26, 2009
My Front Room
Well, the chap who cuts the grass for us is very knowledgible about the fields and the food they contain. Pig nuts, wild plums, pheasants, bunnies etc.
Give me a nod if you want to meet with him, nice chap he is but unless you are a local returning you may struggle with the language.

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
Well, the chap who cuts the grass for us is very knowledgible about the fields and the food they contain. Pig nuts, wild plums, pheasants, bunnies etc.
Give me a nod if you want to meet with him, nice chap he is but unless you are a local returning you may struggle with the language.

Hmmm...translator required?

wildrover

Nomad
Sep 1, 2005
Scotland
You could give PatrickM a shout.
He runs very reasonable and well respected courses ( not that I have been on any of his courses yet;) , but I know that a number of members have been.)
And he's (Glasgow) local.

Top man by all accounts.

No connections etc....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE