Who's your favourite band?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

GlenM

Forager
Jan 11, 2006
Cornwall
Just bought the new Rush album "Snakes and Arrows" and i'm off to see them in october

at the NEC, cant wait. Iv'e got tickets for Mettalica in july aswell.

The missus is off to see George Michael tommorow , sadly i wont be going as i'm having

my fingernails pulled out with a pair of rusty pliars. Never mind eh ! ;)

waylander

May 9, 2006
Co.Durham - Consett
I'm mainly into original punk and metal, allthough I like most kinds of music apart from gospel, country and western and opera. My fav band is Lacuna coil, they put on an amazing show in october.

waylander

May 9, 2006
Co.Durham - Consett
Just read the posts about slf and I like them on albums, but they were rubbish live when I sore them at academy in the uk 05. Also my worst ever gig was maiden in december, but that was because they only played about 3 classics and all of the new album which I think is pretty panse.

KAE1

Settler
Mar 26, 2007
suffolk
SLF do struggle a bit now. If you listen to 'Hanx' its great, then listen to live at Brixton academy (a number of years later) sounds like its a 45rpm turned down to 33rpm and I guess any 2000 gigs are slower still.
I saw Maidens Peace of Mind tour back in about '84 and I was really impressed, the stage show was great - something you didn't get with Chron Gen, ANWL, SLF etc.

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
Heres a clue:D. This is me back in the early 80s,oh memories
Copy&

All i can say is"OI"

As for music now its System of a down,lost prophets,ect ect. But still listen to the classics, Anti nowhere league,GBH,The Exploited,etal

Also seen live The Mission,The Nephililm,Rose of Avalanche,All about eve,Body count.

Remember PUNKS NOT DEAD!:cool:

Hey Stuart,

i found a copy of 'We Are.... The League!' by The Anti-knowhere League' the other day, on CD. I haven't heard it for going on 25 years and they put some modern band's to shame! However, i did notice that the quaint old song 'Woman' means something totally different to me now than it did then!:D I don't know, is it an older persons experience of life or just a stunningly accurate portrail of the angst of young marriage? Whatever, it's a damned good song, on a par with The Damned's cover version of 'Help' on the 'Skip off School....' album. The band i used to be in (Pogo Daze) played that version (all 1m 10s of it) in pub's and it REALLY used to wind the Beatles Fans up!:p No mention of them so far.

My other band (Wizards Sleeve) used to play some old punk and New Wave standards too. 'At the Edge', 'Alternative Ulster', 'Too Drunk to....', Viva Las Vegas (Kennedy's Version)', 'New Rose', Courageous Cat Theme', 'Marquee Moon' and the more predictable one's. Ah the good old daze...................................................!:rolleyes:

Actually KAE 1, we played alot around Suffolk, Bury St Edmunds in a pub called 'The Grapes', familiar with it? Lots of small farmers there, Neil would feel right at home!

Robby

Nomad
Jul 22, 2005
Glasgow, Southside
Some great bands coming up. I pretty much listen to anything apart from really heavy thrash rock ans hard core punk stuff

Favourite would have to be Jethro Tull, Status Quo (was at the last gig they did as the proper line up with alan lancaster on bass and the glasgow apollo) The Levellers, Vivaldi Linkin Park Danko Jones and The Battlefield Band, though not neccesarily in that order. Mostly depends on the mood I'm in, though I would never have thought of taking anything with me into the woods.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I saw Funeral for a Friend a couple of years ago and they are a terrible live band. Their studio stuff is really good though, and they just released a new album. I think Maiden playing their whole album on tour isn't such a bad thing, as they are supposed to be promoting that album, hence the tour. The did play some classics at the end in Dortmund, and Trivium were on before and they were quite good live. I got right into them and hadn't heard any of their music before going to the gig, same as FFAF a few years before. I didn't rate Lauryn Harris though, apart from she looks hot!

LH_280207_15.JPG

SOAR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
Went to see Maiden in the late 80's I used to like alot of their stuff, also I liked their art work.

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
electronica, drum and bass, house music, techno, folk, jazz, p-funk, ska, reggae, punk, american hardcore (fugazi et al), soul, northern soul, tamla and almost everything else except opera and heavy metal or anything too proggy.

waylander

May 9, 2006
Co.Durham - Consett
I love Trivium anyway so that made the gig worth it for me, normally I wouldn't of minded the full new album but I just think its really bad. I did like that lauren harris (couldn't remember her name before) she was definately well tasty in her leather trousers too.

Bobbin

Jan 20, 2007
England
Hawkwind closely followed by New Model Army

Nice to see a fellow HW fan...:D (NMA's sometime guest member Ed Alleyne-Johnson did a couple of cool solo albums too...)

In addition to many of the rock names already mentioned, Jeff Beck features quite extensively in my CD collection :p

Bobbin

Risclean

Forager
Feb 28, 2007
North Highlands
Mainly I listen to rock and metal, with some other stuff.

Lately I've been listening to a lot of doom/drone/stoner rock such as Black Sabbath, Pentagram, Sleep, Om, Earth, Sunno))) and Khanate (very dark video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8v-06_X6k3k )

Otherwise Morricone, Lee Hazlewood, High Tide, Leonard Cohen, Motorhead, Iron Maiden, Venom, The Nephilim, Wasp, Sepultura, Michael Hurley, Morphine, Primordial, Handsome Family, Tyr (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Zy60YGs81k ), Korpiklaani (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80YlCQueSfo) and Negura Bunget ( who should be sponsored by the Romanian tourist board http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAO1BzGC3d8 , http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8wB7emt6ig).

And for something a bittie different http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVzsWVuDMm0

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
The Clash - Genisis - ELO - Billy Idol - Supertramp - Boston ('don't look back' excellent song and instruments) - Pink Floyd - Boomtown Rats - Cindy Crawford most beautiful voice ever (to lull me to sleep) - Keane - The Killers - and many more. I listen to Classic FM too It really relaxes me.

Twoflower

Nomad
May 11, 2007
Northants
listen to pretty much anything that isn't R'n'B/dancy/rap and in no particular order fav bands are Maiden (saw them live 15 years ago), levellers, floyd, stones, led zep etc etc.

Also been listening to a hell of a lot of Dave Matthews Band recently (namely the songs Dont Drink the Water and Dancing Nancies), well worth a listen. Also a yank band called Umphries Magee (friend passed me a link, damn fine jam sessions!).

scottishwolf

Settler
Oct 22, 2006
Ayr
Trad folk mostly. Corries, Chieftans, Dubliners, Clancy Brothers and Tommy Makem. The gorgeous, sexy Maddy Prior with or without Steeleye Span. Sometimes I like to listen to ClassicFM, depends on my mood. I used to have a load of Barbara Dickson long before she went contemporary, back when she still did trad scottish folk in the pubs around Royal Terrace in Edinburgh (back in the 70's).

Eric

stayed at maddie's house when I was about 15 as my cousin is in a band with her son. Although her 18yr old daughter was way more interesting than the music at the time pmsl :lmao: Canny beat a bit of classic FM now and again and the coiries are superb, along with most traditional folk music, quite into the bothy band at the moment though , my how tastes change lol

in music i mean......;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE