Wheres the best place to get army surplus kit?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

pauljm116

Native
May 6, 2011
Rainham, Kent
Just wanted some suggestions for online army surplus stores. Im after a new sleeping bag as the army surplus ones are recommended by lots of people and a new larger capacity bergen. wondered if anyone uses a surplus store thats cheap and quality, any suggestions please? :confused:

BillyBlade

Settler
Jul 27, 2011
Lanarkshire
If you want a new large bergen, you seriously need to be PMing Lurch for that 88l Highlander he is selling.

I have one, and it's just fantastic. So comfy. Best bergen I've had yet for covering distance and not screwing your sacrial joints into the dust.

Oh, and be careful of Ebay. It's very very expensive right now compared to shop bought gear. Mad eh?

pauljm116

Native
May 6, 2011
Rainham, Kent
If you want a new large bergen, you seriously need to be PMing Lurch for that 88l Highlander he is selling.

I have one, and it's just fantastic. So comfy. Best bergen I've had yet for covering distance and not screwing your sacrial joints into the dust.

Oh, and be careful of Ebay. It's very very expensive right now compared to shop bought gear. Mad eh?

Would love to have that one but cant raise the funds at the moment.

Mike8472

Jul 28, 2009
west yorkshire
another thumbs up for Endicotts. Have been using them for years, great service!

I also use strikeforce supplies in Bath. He is also very reliable but more expensive as most of the stuff he sells is brand new.

There is also Premiere surplus in swindon; again reliable and a happy customer

If you are looking for an ebay based seller thete is dave baxter who sells as baxters military on ebay.
He runs a store in Otterburn next to where the squaddies are on exercise so the bulk of his stuff is hard wearing tryed and tested kit.

Last edited:

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Never heard of Endicotts before but I must admit I love the look of it!!! I coud spend a fortune on there!! and the guy that wrote the website has got a great sense of humour lol

northumbrian

Settler
Dec 25, 2009
newcastle upon tyne
try mean and green they have a 58 pattern army sleeping bag going for £39.95 , i have bought lots of gear off them with no problems and nearly all my orders came next day if ordered before noon and the rest the day after ! i can also vouch for endys too , great gear and service with fast delivery too !
the usual applies i have no connection blah blah blah !

cheers andrew.

Last edited:

pauljm116

Native
May 6, 2011
Rainham, Kent
Paul, this is a very good company to deal with
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SLEEP-SYS...tingGoods_SleepingBags_SM&hash=item45fd65c0d4
Their descriptions are good as are their prices and delivery times.

Thanks Richard, thats a very good price, I was looking at going up to £100 for a sleeping bag so to find one for under £30 is great, should be pretty bombproof too.

Thanks for the other replies guys, have used militarymart and mean and green in the past and they are both good, I just wanted to shop around. Now all I need to find is a cheap 120 litre bergen, I dont like to travel light and who knows I may just need the kitchen sink!

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Thanks Richard, thats a very good price, I was looking at going up to £100 for a sleeping bag so to find one for under £30 is great, should be pretty bombproof too.

Thanks for the other replies guys, have used militarymart and mean and green in the past and they are both good, I just wanted to shop around. Now all I need to find is a cheap 120 litre bergen, I dont like to travel light and who knows I may just need the kitchen sink!

Well good enough for any UK winters and machine washable. Bergens are not a lot of dosh

http://www.britishmilitarysurplus.co.uk/ishop/1069/shopscr87.html side pouches are about £15 - £20. My lad had a Bergen off them and it was far from faded as said in the blurb, it was top jolly.

pauljm116

Native
May 6, 2011
Rainham, Kent
Well good enough for any UK winters and machine washable. Bergens are not a lot of dosh

http://www.britishmilitarysurplus.co.uk/ishop/1069/shopscr87.html side pouches are about £15 - £20. My lad had a Bergen off them and it was far from faded as said in the blurb, it was top jolly.

Thanks again mate, have been looking for cheap bergens for a while and havent found any that cheap, add on the side pouches and its still a bargain and I should be able to fit everything in there! Whether I can then get it on my back is another matter!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE