Where to in Cornwall...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Waterworx

Nomad
Nov 22, 2009
Cornwall
... can I get out for a wander.

Preferably wooded areas, where I won't be trespassing etc etc.

Been signed off sick fro 6 weeks so far and until mid December, possibly longer and need to get off my backside and get some air but nowt too extreme atm (No 10 mile hikes to get there etc).

When I lived on Dartmoor it wasn't a problem but Cornwall all suggestions would be welcome.

Al

Waterworx

Nomad
Nov 22, 2009
Cornwall
Duh! Think my brain is rotting :lmao:

Live in Camborne.

But travel is to much of an issue, half hour or so, too much drivng atm knackers me.

tjwuk

Nomad
Apr 4, 2009
Cornwall
Duh! Think my brain is rotting :lmao:

Live in Camborne.

But travel is to much of an issue, half hour or so, too much drivng atm knackers me.

There aren't that many places about in this area. Apart from Northcliffs, not woody and of course Tehidy. Best place I have found and thats quite popular is Cardinham woods, but thats up Bodmin way and a reasonable drive!

Waterworx

Nomad
Nov 22, 2009
Cornwall
With work I end up driving most of Cornwall, so driving isn't usually a problem. May pop up and have a bimble around, only 45 mins from home :D

Still open for more suggestions :D

Cheers

Al

rawshak

Forager
Jan 11, 2009
Cornwall
Idless woods (just near shortlanes end, Truro), is quite a nice woodland, with good paths if you need it fairly easy going (you can of course venture off the beaten path).

Colon Woods (near Newquay), another nice woodland full of 19th century ruins and a fairly easy walk around Porth Resevoir. It's also a nature reserve, so plenty of wildlife.

Kings Wood (near St Austell), this is a lovely ancient woodland and has some very old trees. There's a nice flat walk along the bottom half of the woods or along the river, but it gets quite steep if you want to venture further in.

Illogan Woods (easier to get to from the Portreath end). Not a huge woodland, but quite plesant and usually pretty quiet.

There's also another wood near you, just outside Camborne (not Tehidy), but I can't remember what it's called.

Another nice and semi wooded walk, is the old tram lines leading out of Portreath.

That's all I can think of off hand, I'll let you know if I think of any more :)

Of course there's also our regular Cornish meets at Woodland valley, you'd be more than welcome (you could always come as a day visitor and meet everyone if you can't do an overnighter). There's one on the weekend 19th and 20th December http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48269

Waterworx

Nomad
Nov 22, 2009
Cornwall
Thanks for that.

Reckon I'll pop over on the 19th Dec to meet folks etc.

4 good suggestions there, guess what I'll be doing this weekend :D hopefully!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE