Where can I get a really rubbish knife?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

wizard

Nomad
Jan 13, 2006
USA
Try a Tom Brown Tracker knife, most useless knife I've ever seen on a course. More of an anchor for a small boat than a proper wilderness blade!

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Try a Tom Brown Tracker knife, most useless knife I've ever seen on a course. More of an anchor for a small boat than a proper wilderness blade!

It is an expensive anchor though, you can pick up cheap knock offs on ebay for $15 or so, not ebay uk though.

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
At Bushmoot somebody described my Wilkinson Sword Dartmoor as "Deeply unfashionable." I was carrying a Mora Bushcraft too.

The instructor then showed us how to use a Mora sized knife to cut saplings in a few seconds, rocking through the bended stem.

"Stungkk." Dartmoor chops through in one cleave. Why waste time?

The Scandi Grind Bushcrafter is all very well but a bigger knife is certainly better for some tasks. Chopping, battoning, splitting logs etc. It's "Horses for courses" and to be honest the Church of Woodlore is at risk of getting a bit up itself at times.

How did the mountain men of the early USA survive with only trade Bowies?

The BG knives aren't rubbish. Certainly better than a ton of other knives for the job.

Some of those knock off Rambo knives with no tang because of the storage would be what you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anything made by bear grylls... :D

I got sent one of his ultra compact knives made by gerber..
I wanted to hate it.
I went into it biased as endorsed by BG.
I went at it wanting to find faults and shred it.

It took everything I threw at it.
including being able to find it after a good lob.
other than the tacticool look I couldn't fault it
I now wish I hadnt sold it on

Col.Decker

Apr 23, 2014
Newport, Shropshire
Don't forget this 80's classic (that's still in production)
surknife_big.JPG

Lol I had one of them too when I was 12, until my mum made me throw it away.

I still miss it

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Lol I had one of them too when I was 12, until my mum made me throw it away.

I still miss it

I know they were awful knives, I know the quality was shocking and it would never take an edge and I know for a fact I would never use it but,,, why do I still want one????????

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE