Wheeled/trolley bag suggestions, please

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
How about a fishing trolley, not the wheeled bag you were thinking about, but could always strap/bungee a bag or pack to it and the trolley is designed for rough ground and folds up nice and small too when not in use.

Something like this

Reactions: oldtimer

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
I use a sholly shopping trolly to cart my stuff around. It holds loads of stuff and I can even put an extra kit bag on top so that adds an extra 60 litres of load.
Easy to push, rather than drag around, which can be a pain in the..back!
Mine has wheels that can be rigid or steering. I find steering wheels,( or wobbly wheels as my lad called them when a youngster,) a bit difficult over rougher terrain, as rocks will deflect them off route, so I simply switch over and lock in the rigid wheels.
Packed with heavier stuff at the bottom it will hold far more than a rucksack, so comfort items can be taken easily, without too much worry on bulk and weight.
I always use this when going to festivals etc, plus it folds flat when not wanted.
Mine is used for everything, including wood gathering, I've had huge logs in it, just remove the velcro in bag, and you have a metal cage to lug stuff around. I keep waiting for it to die, but its still going strong after years of abuse!
Multi use for the shopping in everyday life too.

saxonaxe

Nomad
Sep 29, 2018
SW Wales
Happy Birthday Mrs OT.
There is a man who keeps his boat in the same yard as mine that uses a Golf Trolley, the hand drawn type. It has big,off road wheels, is extremely light and easy to pull and the handle telescopes down to fit in his car boot. He has bolted two cross pieces to it, one at the top onto which he hooks the shoulder straps of a Rucksack and the lower piece just serves to support the bottom of the sack. I've seen him pulling his trolley fully loaded with paint/tools and gear over pretty rough ground with no problems at all.

Kadushu

If Carlsberg made grumpy people...
Jul 29, 2014
Kent
I have seen a bicycle trailer used for camping gear, the benefit being that the large wheels handle rougher terrain.

Reactions: Droidy

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Sure there was a thread on carts and wheeled options a while ago? On the phone at the moment, I’ll have a look later.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I think it depends really on what Madame carries.

GFSon1 lives up flights of stairs and she bought one of the stair climber variety to suit.
I have a bag on big wheels for bringing stuff round from the lock up, and it'd be pretty good for getting stuff from car to campsite, but I wouldn't like to drag it far.

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
Thanks for all the helpful suggestions. She sorted it out herself by ordering a small folding trolley from Amazon. It weighs three pounds and can transport 120. It arrived while we were having a family barbecue to celebrate her 83rd birthday. As son pointed out, I could transport her and her rucksack on it together and still be within the weight limit.

Reactions: Droidy and dwardo

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE