What's your head torch??

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
I have a silva ninox head lamp.

It's very good and when it broke the silva customer service was brilliant!!

Although I do want the zebra light h51 so would defo recommend that!!

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
I have a Petzyl Zipka and a Tikka. If I were to buy another torch I'd get the Alpkit Gamma, there awesome :)

I use a surefire Minimus for hunting and shorter hikes and a Petzl Tikka XP2 Core for longer tours.
I like the light of the surefire and the possibility to dim it the way I need it right now.
A con is the batterys are hard to get at the store around the corner, so I use the Petzl on longer tours because you can buy the AA-batterys everywere.

Perrari

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 21, 2012
Eryri (Snowdonia)
www.erknives.com
I have a Petzl Tactikka Plus which is great for close up use.
A Petzl Myo XP which has considerably more light ideal for moving about.
I also carry a Petzl E light which is always in my rucksack.
I also have a Petzl signal (red light) which I strap on the back if walking along roads at night.

benp1

Nomad
Nov 30, 2006
London
Petzl Tactikka XP. White spot and red flood, white lens for white flood carried on the headband

most useful head torch I've found, I use the red a lot

petzl e+lite carried as a spare, more for if batteries run out rather than head torch failure. It's been uber reliable

gentlemanc

Aug 24, 2010
Southampton, Hampshire
In a rush of blood a few years ago I bought, from heinnie, the Princeton tec Apex Pro - the one with CR123. I make the distinction as I can only find UK sites selling the version with a large AA battery pack which is not in the same.

http://www.princetontec.com/apex-pro

It is very good with multiple intensity options including blind everyone in the woods setting if you press the wrong button. Has an excellent burn time. I consider it now one of my better impulse extravagances.

Given it's build quality I was surprised when I broke the hinge a few months ago, so contacted them for a spare part only to find out it has a lifetime warranty and they replaced it with a new one! Cannot say fairer than that!

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Alpkit Gamma. Yes it is cheap, and it isn't the brightest or the most versatile headtorch on the market, but then again I don't want to put on a light show or signal to passing ships, I just want to see where I'm going. If it breaks I can easily afford a new one, although Alpkit are well known for their customer service and aftercare too.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Petzl Tikka plus 2,

Not very bright on full, red is very dim barely usable, battery hungry and cant leave batteries in it when not in use.
In short would not buy another an cannot justify a different one until this one goes bump which unfortunately wont be for a long time as they are pretty robust.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE