What's your every day pocket knife?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Daniel

Nomad
Apr 20, 2005
Berkshire
Stew said:
If mine gets wet it's a real pain to open due to swelling but it can go to the other extreme and have no resistance at all.

Thanks for that Stew, I wasn't aware of that! I'll try and make sure mine doesn't get wet!!!

Motorbike Man said:
...value for money I still say they are hard to beat

I agree with you! If my knife did get loose or broke somehow, I wouldn't mind forking out another 5 quid for a new one!

J

Josey Wales

Martyn said:
Christopher, your opinel is illegal to carry in the UK because that neat ring locking mechanism makes it a lock knife. Lock knives are illegal unless you can provide a good excuse for carry, such as religious reasons, or you need it for a particulr work related task. I generally carry a Chris Reeve small sebenza, yes it locks, but I have a good excuse. :)

Oh, leatherman waves are illegal too BTW, for the same reason.

what about Charge XTi's? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Cheers

ANDGRIN

Jun 4, 2004
Bristol
I carry a Stan Shaw (Sheffield) pen knife most days , I have a old Leatherman PST in my bike repair kit and when I go into the woods I carry a Puma Cadet aswell as a fixed blade.
Cheers Andy

C

CatFisH

Case Trapper

fatpine1R.jpg

C

CatFisH

mojofilter...its fat pine/lighter knot...maybe sometimes referred to as mayawood...excellent tinder and burns hotter than 7 kinds of Hades...fairly common in my area and I collect and carry some to use as a firestarter...

fatpine3.jpg

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
Hellz said:
I work at the local college, so I'm on half term this week and have spent it at home or walking locally, so my this has been my pocket knife :D

Gene Ingram Pocket Shortcut Wharncliffe
geneingram_pw_2.JPG

Slips nicely into a pocket...
geneingram_pw_4.JPG

Back to work on Monday :( (but at least I'll still have My Spyderco UK Penknife :D )

Hellz
Hellz,
That's really nice little knife :D

Hellz

Nomad
Sep 26, 2003
Kent, England
www.hellzteeth.com
Thanks, I think so too :D

I'm back at work today ( :( ) with my Spyderco Penknife, but I'm looking into getting something legal but different (for variety)

I've been looking at the Case Baby Doctor or the Case Seahorse Whittler, but that trapper looks interesting too...

Hellz

Povarian

Forager
May 24, 2005
High Wycombe, Bucks
Currently my everyday knife is a leatherman supertool. Yup, I know it's now illegal, but I'd hope to be able to explain it away as a work tool - wire stripping, screwdrivers etc. I changed from a 4" buck locking folder after they made that more illegal than when it was just a little illegal. I bought it when it was still legal - sheesh.

Having read the act and the knives article here, isn't a properly sharpened pencil now illegal.;)

L

Larry Death

I have one of these with me at all times.

LK9000S.jpg

Handy little Whitby.

bushwacker bob

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
I use one of those for work.Whitby have a reputation for cheap knives,but credit where its due,mine is exellent. Its easy single hand opening, easy to sharpen,locks securely and holds an edge despite lots of abuse.

L

Larry Death

bushwacker bob said:
I use one of those for work.Whitby have a reputation for cheap knives,but credit where its due,mine is exellent. Its easy single hand opening, easy to sharpen,locks securely and holds an edge despite lots of abuse.

Mine's been very usefull. I can't fault it. It's seen a lot of use over 5 years and is still a tip-top knife.

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
At the moment mine is the part serrated one of these. I know some folk don't like part serrated but I find it really useful. I have both knives but I prefer the part serrated for general tasks.

CRKTJ-2VIELEWASP.jpg

Anyway I've decided to change it for a cheaper Kershaw Vapor I. I'm expecting it in the post in a couple of days :) .

KershawVaporIser.jpg

I'm less worried about damaging this one. It's a solid knife, I already own it's bigger brother and I like the shape and feel of it. I think they are a bargain at the low prices you can get them for.

flibb

Tenderfoot
May 23, 2005
Kent
I use one of these kershaw linerlock knives. I use it at work a lot as its very easy to handle single handed, opens and closes quickly, has a good belt clip, and is very sharp.

ks2415.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE