What's your every day pocket knife?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

BAHDog

Jan 7, 2004
Tucson, Arizona
ChrisKavanaugh said:
I do not hold with packing enough rounds to waste the Four Horseman, Middle Earth Ringwraiths , fruedian nightmare Lions, Tigers and Bears OH MY! Hilary Clinton or anything else that goes bump in the night

You crack me up Chris, letting Hilary off so easily.

I do like that SLK Schwert. You have the coolest little pocket fixed blades.

Out here in Arizona we can carry any folding knife concealed in our pockets. Auto openers or switchblades are legal to own and carry. They are sold at most knife shops. The same with balisongs. You can own and carry any size folding knife in your pocket. You can carry any fixed blade, even a sword, as well but it must not be concealed.

I have been eyeing that RSK and really like Benchmade quality but these days I simply carry a SAK Farmer for the most part or the small Sebby, sometimes both.

SnS3.jpg

leon-1

Used to have a Mauser MX-7, then a Wenger, now I tend to use the Leatherman Wave as an EDC, I have an excuse since I also use it at work.

To be honest I would probably be lost without one nowadays as it gets used for most things. :)

Andy

Native
Dec 31, 2003
sheffield
www.freewebs.com
mostly I stay within the law with an SAK classic and a lambs foot blade slipjoint (sheffield made), though the slipjoing gets replaced by a swiss tool, lock knife or mora at times when I have a good reason

Danzo

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 8, 2004
Close to Sherwood
I normally always carry an SAK Camping (the old version) and a medium folder, depending on what is currently in favour at Danzo Towers. I recently got a Benchmade 705 AXIS and it makes a very nice EDC that will take some shifting.

:-D

Yeah, I know it locks.....

:nono:

.......but it is just under three inches and I normally also carry a few good reasons in my legal utility belt!

:roll:

Danzo

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
Always have a Victorinox Classic on my keys and I usually have a LM Wave while at work.

Otherwise I have a Victorinox Junior (the one with a single blade) in my pocket.

0-6901.jpg

It can cope with most tasks I encounter, it's legal and looks fairly innocent!

I'm going to change the plastic scales for some wood ones eventually (inspired by Chad). I've done one half of the Classic already - looks a bit strange with one half blue plastic and the other half a random piece of burled wood!

Omega

Jul 11, 2004
UK
Hi, guys,
Right, what do I have? Usually Spyderco Delica in my pocket, Victorinox Classic on keychain. Also I have SwissChamp in briefcase.

bushwacker bob

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
This is my 'work' knife. Sealy arn't reknowned knife makers,but this knife is exellent.Used for loads of cutting tasks especially cutting high tensile plastic banding holding brick packs together.
66047.jpg

ssj

Forager
Jan 7, 2004
Colorado, USA
Fallkniven U2. Looking at photos it seems a little cheesy but this is a great knife. Very lightweight. Gets scary sharp. I know, I know. It locks. I'll bet if enough of you asked, Fallkniven would make a non-locking version.
Steve

ANDYLASER

Nomad
Mar 27, 2004
SOUTHAMPTON
Usually a wave or Mauser officers knife.

SCHWERT, the brass match holder in your photo, is the compass the lid for it? Where did you get it from? If you dont mind me asking, it looks like a usefull little item.

Schwert

Settler
Apr 30, 2004
Seattle WA USA
That brass matchcase was made by Keith and Marjorie Lunders in Idaho USA. K&M matchcases.

245527-K&Mevolution.jpg

They were marketed at a time by Silva (Johnson USA not Silva Sweden) in the US, but they now sell a ripoff of his design for about the same price.

Keith can be contacted by phone in Idaho (watch the time....Mountain Time +7 zulu) at 208 826 3447.

He is having some difficulty procuring reliable compasses at this time.

These are really great matchcases, double O-ring seals, a unique cord to twist tension the stopper, an inside rough striker on the plug, and overall excellent machining. Button compass is resessed in the metal plug. Earlier compasses were jeweled, now unavailable.

Compass makes for a great backup but I always carry a real one for most navigation. One of these fellows came into play on my visit to London a few years back....popped out of the tube and could not figure out which way to turn...checked the matchcase and marched off in the correct direction.

Brass and aluminum models. The image shows some progression in design over the last decade. Newest on the right.

One of these is EDC along with a decent small knife for me.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE