Whats on your christmas dinner menu

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Salix

Nomad
Jan 13, 2006
Bolton
:) Whats going to be on your dinner plate this christmas day ?

Im going to be eating some wild caught venison, with a lovely blackcurrant liquer sauce. Unfortunately the venison wont be caught by myself, but hey it l still taste good :)

Is anyone having something unusual or even caught by themselves ?

Mark

Nightwalker

Native
Sep 18, 2006
Cornwall, UK.
www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk
Nothing out of the norm for me this year, full roast with lamb and chicken. A feast of roast's, yorkshires, stuffin and gravey, that'll do me! Oh and for after's, Im sure they'll be something to go alongside my cornish clotted cream ;) Looking forward to it already :)

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Wild boar, as usual! :rolleyes: I will never eat turkey for christmas again, it is boring and bland and I have seen film footage of the inside of these factory farms. Not my bag baby.

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
Goose for us this year, for something different.

For those in the North West, this caught my eye:
A new gourmet three meat roast is topping the Christmas menu at Booths this festive season.

The foodies favourite food store is the first to stock the luxurious roast that makes the perfect alternative to turkey or an ideal Boxing Day treat.

The roast is made up of wild venison loin sourced from Cumbria and boneless loin of lamb taken from a mature Herdwick. These are then wrapped inside a mature sirloin of beef that has been specially selected from the finest beef in the region and dry aged. The three meat roast is priced at £65.

:tapedshut (using this smiley in the absence of a drooling one :lmao: )

Chris G

Settler
Mar 23, 2007
Cheshire
Three bird roast again this year made up by the local butcher. Goose would come a close second though!

Bernie - we must be related somewhere along the line as there aren't that many Garlands around!

Chris

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I had goose once and it just dissapeared! Lots of fat for doing roasties in though, but I just felt a bit done. For me, geese are like wonder bras, they look great but never turn out quite like you'd expect!

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Got the wrinklies coming round again this year so it`ll be the usual chicken and pork ( don`t do Turkey either, too dry ) with all the trimmings. Vast ammounts of wine, lager and snoozing for me.

Rich

May 25, 2006
Canada
www.freewebs.com
Gonna be eating Anishnaube Moosooz Wiiyas (Ojibway cooked moose), Labrador Tea, Birch spaghetti, and some baked bannock for Winter Solstice.

Hopefully I'll be feasting on it, in my future "Spruce bough longhouse". :D

Salix

Nomad
Jan 13, 2006
Bolton
Gonna be eating Anishnaube Moosooz Wiiyas (Ojibway cooked moose), Labrador Tea, Birch spaghetti, and some baked bannock for Winter Solstice.

Hopefully I'll be feasting on it, in my future "Spruce bough longhouse". :D

:eek: Wow ! I dont know what it is but it sounds interesting :)

Mark

Burnt Ash

Nomad
Sep 24, 2003
East Sussex
don`t do Turkey either, too dry

We always have a bronze free-range turkey (from a farm in the neighbouring village), with a big cured ham as well. Last year, we tried Nigella Lawson's system for marinating the bird in a spiced brine for a day before roasting. I cannot recommend this highly enough: easily the moistest, juiciest turkey we have ever had. I wouldn't do it any other way now. It really is that good.

It's described as 'Spiced and Super-juicy Roast Turkey' on page 10 of Nigella's book, Feast. Doubtless a web search would turn it up.

I love goose and game, but the lasting quantity of a decent-sized turkey (plus a big ham) and all the interesting and convenient things one can do with it is a powerful incentive over the festive season. Green Thai turkey is a perennial post-Christmas favourite in this house.

Burnt Ash

john scrivy

Nomad
May 28, 2007
essex
will be spending christmas day at home the usual fluffing around i dont even like turkey I would rather be in the woods and christmas dinner that would be- pit roast lamb with jacket potatoes and small hot crusty loaf baked apple stuffed with sweet mince meat and drizzled with honey all washed down with a fine vintage port HAPPY CHRISTMAS every one

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
I had goose once and it just dissapeared! Lots of fat for doing roasties in though, but I just felt a bit done. For me, geese are like wonder bras, they look great but never turn out quite like you'd expect!

youv'e got to know how to cook them

Never managed it right yet, the straps are all fibrous and the cups too chewy:(

Jan 22, 2006
uk
not sure about the grub as its off to family back in the shire, but some old sloe gin thats looking good will be there for the new years meal...been saving this stuff...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE