What's on offer at the summer bushmoot 2009?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
the butanese bows are great fun. I have somebody come and run a bowmaking course for me each year and while we were clearing up and cooking dinner one afternoon after the course, he talked me through making one. he happened to have a pole in the car, so with beer in one hand and bamboo in the othere I knocked one up at a leisurely pace (about 4 hours I think with a few distractions :D )

Weighs in about 15lbs, looks odd, but it does fling arrows surprisingly far! I'll bring it along with me if I remember ;)

Also check out Youtube for butan archers dancing. They have a similar competition to a clout shoot (long distance very large target on the ground). if one of them hit the target they all walk up to it and do an entertaining dace :lol:

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
I remember seeing a programe where they went deep into the jungle and found a people who had moved there to escape the headhunting traditions. their bows seemed to be nothing more than a handful of twigs or grass bound together. never seen anything like it.

tobes01

May 4, 2009
Hampshire
I'd love to have a play with my longbow. Is there anywhere appropriate for that on the site? I've not got room for a proper target in the car.

Tobes

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
friday will be setup, settle in as usual, gates opening at 3pm

Activities start at 10 with the briefing and then run till lunch and then after lunch again.

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
I may be wrong, but I think that last year the organisers could get on site the previous day to set up. This year I believe that they can't get on site until Friday morning.

Geoff

Gabe

Forager
Aug 10, 2008
Bridgend, South Wales
I took a walk down there this morning to see if they were getting set up and was surprised to see a vehicle ambush, blue flashing lights, lots of men in black with weapons and zip ties!!! Spoke to one of the guys and it was a firearms exercise. My two spaniels were desperate to get in there and sort out the bad guys though!!!

I'm guessing thats why they couldn't get in there today though eh?

On a different note: Does anyone know what will be being sold there? Inparticular will DD be there with a stall? I haven't read this anywhere but thought of all the companies they would be a pretty surefire one to have on site? I need to order a camping hammock & tarp for the OH and thought I might be able to pick it up from there instead!!!

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I took a walk down there this morning to see if they were getting set up and was surprised to see a vehicle ambush, blue flashing lights, lots of men in black with weapons and zip ties!!! Spoke to one of the guys and it was a firearms exercise. My two spaniels were desperate to get in there and sort out the bad guys though!!!

I'm guessing thats why they couldn't get in there today though eh?

On a different note: Does anyone know what will be being sold there? Inparticular will DD be there with a stall? I haven't read this anywhere but thought of all the companies they would be a pretty surefire one to have on site? I need to order a camping hammock & tarp for the OH and thought I might be able to pick it up from there instead!!!

I wonder what they would have made of 200 bushcrafters wandering around with knives, axes etc. Would have livened their exercise up somewhat :D

As for stalls the only one that's going to be there is the BCUK shop stall AFAIK. That's all they had there last year anyway. Mind you, Dave usually has a few nice shiney things to sell at his forge

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Ive got two sheaths I made to trade.
I *could* bring the paddle (if its not taking advantage of tripitakas kind offer of a lift too much!) but I have a feeling Id only be carting it home again, I shouldnt think many people will have loads of cash on them for a paddle, or the space in the car.

sandbag47

Jun 12, 2007
northampton

didn't you notice the group buy i have just done ..
see me on friday i have a spare that i could sell you and a tarp aswell if needs be...but its's at the group buy rate as i will have to replace them ....yes they are new only set up in the garden!!!
or you can still order one on the group buy but you won't get it till after the moot.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Ive got two sheaths I made to trade.
I *could* bring the paddle (if its not taking advantage of tripitakas kind offer of a lift too much!) but I have a feeling Id only be carting it home again, I shouldnt think many people will have loads of cash on them for a paddle, or the space in the car.

I have room and some good trade goods - even if I am cash poor (just had to re-isure my van:( :eek: :( )

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE