What you up too coz im goin mad

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Salix

Nomad
Jan 13, 2006
Bolton
Im currently stuck to my desk re-writing a pile of risk assessments, watching the windows steam up, and listening to the rain hammering down on the cabin :(

I would much rather be in Sweden, kayaking down lake Vanern, or camped up in the Arctic at Kiruna watching the Aurora :D

oh well :(

What you up too now ?

What would you like to be up too or where?

Mark :red: slowly developing risk assessment induced cabin fever

Womble

Native
Sep 22, 2003
Aldershot, Hampshire, UK
I'm at my desk, writing a powerpoint presentation for Friday, and producing some maps for someone in another part of the Dept for Transport.

It's been too long since I was out anywhere - been busy. I'd be perfectly happy walking through my local woodland for a while.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Oh they're bad, bad things. Do your head in stuff :(

I'm sitting at my desk finishing off the braid on a Redcoat corporal's uniform jacket ( as one does :rolleyes:)
The window's open so I've got fresh air and birdsong and HWMBLT has just brought me up a mug of coffee and a toasted hot cross bun.....that's dripping melted butter :eek:

I want to be outside clearing a rose bed so that I can work out the logistics of creating a drainage channel that'll look like a wee burn instead of the front path being 2" deep in water when it pours. Well that, and a walk down the castle woods would be good, but the uniform's being picked up tonight so a stitching we will go :11doh:

atb,
Toddy

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
planning assessment forms for a clinical trial.
But I would be rather doing some work on the great yurt project at home.. but its usually too dark when I get home.... but it is getting lighter (i think, or my eyes are adjusting to the dark better...

Seagull

Settler
Jul 16, 2004
Gåskrikki North Lincs
I,m needle hitching a knife handle.......dog is standing at the door , looking at the rain, obviously miffed at it; giving out lots of reproachful ,"eyes".

Daughter just popped in to check out the contents of the fridge, as they do.

Feeling chuffed at the prospects of returning to work soon ; after my 3rd failed attempt at swallowing the anchor....guess I just aint ready for domestication.

Ceeg

malente

Life member
Jan 14, 2007
Germany
Stuck at the desk and have to complete financial reporting to the European Commission. :aargh4:

Rather be on a looong canoe or motorbike trip. :rolleyes:

Mike

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Sitting in Charles de Gaule airport (Paris) waiting for my flight home, im as bored as a very bored thing

Salix

Nomad
Jan 13, 2006
Bolton
AHHHH !!!!!! just finished, im all risk assessed out, il probably slip/trip or fall whilst egressing the office, and having just done them all i wont have a leg to stand on:deal:

Oh well now i can go an stretch mi legs, nice to see you guys having good days too :rolleyes:

over an out :drive:

Mark

loz.

Settler
Sep 12, 2006
Dublin,Ireland
www.craobhcuigdeag.org
Sat in work - but booking my flight for my stags this weekend off down to Lahinch :)

Rangerman - See your from Bolton, was born and bred there also - used to spend every weekend in and around rivington pike, liverpool castle ( rep ) and anglesark !

Loz

mentalnurse

Apr 4, 2007
ashton-in-makerfield,wigan
Sat in work - but booking my flight for my stags this weekend off down to Lahinch :)

Rangerman - See your from Bolton, was born and bred there also - used to spend every weekend in and around rivington pike, liverpool castle ( rep ) and anglesark !

Loz

i work very close to rivington pike and spend a lot of time walking around the castle.

Salix

Nomad
Jan 13, 2006
Bolton
Ahh yes, spent most of my yoof around Rivi and Moses gate country park, beautiful up there, still love it after all theae years.

Mark :beerchug:

In Wood

Nomad
Oct 15, 2006
Leyland, Lancashire.
Rivington Pike, now there's a place.
Not so long back you would have found me there EVERY Sunday morning sat at the top brew in hand at about 7 in the morning.
me and a mate used to drive to the Old Dog pub carpark, or church and set off up on mountain bikes to be at the top for 7.
I have been up and down in more weather than I can remember, but not once, never ever regretted the journey. Was a bit miffed on one occassion when I went **** over elbow over the handlebars traveling at 41kph going down. I only came off cause I looked at the speedo to see just how fast I was going, down hill off road very fast but stopped damn quickly when I hit terra firma. Ooooohhh I remember the bruising.:Wow:

A fine place to sit and enjoy the view and put the world to rights.:D

Salix

Nomad
Jan 13, 2006
Bolton
Aye tis indeed, especially clothed in mist, or snow.

Sunk to mi waist in many a bog, on Rivington moor :lmao:

Mark

Mike Ameling

Need to contact Admin...
Jan 18, 2007
Iowa U.S.A.
www.angelfire.com
Hmmm ... spent yesterday out at the forge making up 2 Mohawk flint strikers, 2 Seneca flint strikers, 6 harpoon points, and 6 muskrat spears. The day before I spent hiking the woods and collecting a couple saplings/poles to use for mounting ice chisels and muskrat spears. Day before that I fixed a fence/gate cut by some people driving their 4x4 atv's over other people's land without permission.

Today I'll hit the forge again to make more flint strikers (probably some Viking and Roman era ones), and we are all waiting for the next snow storm to hit later this afternoon. They are predicting 5 to 7 inches, with temps dropping after that to the single digits above/below zero (F). (what would that be, -20 something Celcius?)

So goes the ... rough life ... out here in the Hinterlands

Mikey - yee ol' grumpy blacksmith out in those Hills - without that "formal" job

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE